Bills acquire Jets DB and return man Brandon Codrington

DJB

1 hour ago, Logic said:

They both stunk as returners, though.

Like it or not, KR/PR is essentially a starting spot on a football team. Especially with more kicks likely to be returned under the new kickoff format.

We didn't have a viable KR/PR. Now we do. And all we had to is something like swap a 2026 6th for a 2026 7th.

Of all the things to give a second thought to, this just doesn't seem remotely close to one of them.

All I see is a Meh roster overall and them sticking with people who are Meh

and bringing in bargain basement players who are Meh.

Underwhelmed is the word of the day.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Less than 5’8”, 176 lbs and runs in the 4.55-4.61 range? Oh and a terrible short shuttle and pedestrian vertical jump… his RAS score would probably be less than Frank Gore Jr’s. I imagine he’ll be here until Hardy returns and then released afterwards. To be that tiny, you better be super fast and quick. He’s neither, but apparently has good vision and experience with returns.

Could be right about releasing him after Hardy returns, but who knows, maybe he'll surprise everyone and be a good pickup.  Very little cost to the move.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

All I see is a Meh roster overall and them sticking with people who are Meh

and bringing in bargain basement players who are Meh.

Underwhelmed is the word of the day.

Meh

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

Less than 5’8”, 176 lbs and runs in the 4.55-4.61 range? Oh and a terrible short shuttle and pedestrian vertical jump… his RAS score would probably be less than Frank Gore Jr’s. I imagine he’ll be here until Hardy returns and then released afterwards. To be that tiny, you better be super fast and quick. He’s neither, but apparently has good vision and experience with returns.

Vision, decision making/decisiveness, and ball control are very high on my list for a returner.  Especially with new kick off rules.  

He's been a consistent force on Punt Returns too, he has a pretty insane YPR and has been highly ranked in FCS for multiple years.

He's not the defender Hardy is, but a clear upgrade in return game.

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Vision, decision making/decisiveness, and ball control are very high on my list for a returner.  Especially with new kick off rules.  

He's been a consistent force on Punt Returns too, he has a pretty insane YPR and has been highly ranked in FCS for multiple years.

He's not the defender Hardy is, but a clear upgrade in return game.

Who he’s got blocking in front of him matters. I do think his decision making would’ve reflected well in Buffalo, since he has extensive collegiate return experience, but I can’t see him popping the big preseason returns here that he did with the Jets. In other words, if he was vying for the return job and had been in Buffalo all along rather than NJ, it’s quite possible Codrington is one of the cuts today. 

• Disagree 1