Bills acquire Jets DB and return man Brandon Codrington

DJB

Less than 5’8”, 176 lbs and runs in the 4.55-4.61 range? Oh and a terrible short shuttle and pedestrian vertical jump… his RAS score would probably be less than Frank Gore Jr’s. I imagine he’ll be here until Hardy returns and then released afterwards. To be that tiny, you better be super fast and quick. He’s neither, but apparently has good vision and experience with returns.

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Less than 5’8”, 176 lbs and runs in the 4.55-4.61 range? Oh and a terrible short shuttle and pedestrian vertical jump… his RAS score would probably be less than Frank Gore Jr’s. I imagine he’ll be here until Hardy returns and then released afterwards. To be that tiny, you better be super fast and quick. He’s neither, but apparently has good vision and experience with returns.

But but but. “ Play speed “

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

But but but. “ Play speed “

He’s got identical speed to Keon Coleman! Coleman ran a 4.61 at the combine and a 4.55 at his pro day. This little guy turned in the same times. 

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

He’s got identical speed to Keon Coleman! Coleman ran a 4.61 at the combine and a 4.55 at his pro day. This little guy turned in the same times. 

That’s exactly where I went w that dig

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So keep one of them for a few weeks until Hardy is ready????

Ami Right Right Right

They both stunk as returners, though.

Like it or not, KR/PR is essentially a starting spot on a football team. Especially with more kicks likely to be returned under the new kickoff format.

We didn't have a viable KR/PR. Now we do. And all we had to is something like swap a 2026 6th for a 2026 7th.

Of all the things to give a second thought to, this just doesn't seem remotely close to one of them.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

They both stunk as returners, though.

Like it or not, KR/PR is essentially a starting spot on a football team. Especially with more kicks likely to be returned under the new kickoff format.

We didn't have a viable KR/PR. Now we do. And all we had to is something like swap a 2026 for a 2026 7th.

Of all the things to give a second thought to, this just doesn't seem remotely close to one of them.

I mostly agree.  Except the Bills traded for Chris Watson on cutdown day and he single-handedly cost them wins!

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mostly agree.  Except the Bills traded for Chris Watson on cutdown day and he single-handedly cost them wins!

That was a quarter century ago!

Fall Over Waynes World GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s just pointless. We have guys here that can do what this guy can do. Trade for a position that we need

Lol, seriously? A late round pick swap in 2026 has you worked up? The new kickoff rules have brought the return game back into play. The Bills didn’t have someone for that role. They now do. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s just pointless. We have guys here that can do what this guy can do. Trade for a position that we need

They did something they felt made the team better. I’m not complaining about that. 

If people were giving away #1 WR’s, I bet we’d have one already. I’m not willing to get fleeced in the process, however. 

26 minutes ago, Process said:

How bad must Hamler have been for them to trade for a guy rather than just have him fill in for a few weeks?

Maybe we felt he was a viable long term answer? Also I'm guessing we're giving up a 6th rounder and getting back a 7th rounder. Nothing horrible.

• Agree 1

I find it odd that Bills/Jests make this trade - swap of late 6th round pick which for Jests it was the Chiefs' 6th round pick.

If he has value and Jests trade them to Bills it may benefit them this trade more than Jests will having a little better 6th round pick.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

To be fair, he wasnt a returner, just a catcher 😄

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, seriously? A late round pick swap in 2026 has you worked up? The new kickoff rules have brought the return game back into play. The Bills didn’t have someone for that role. They now do. 

Thank you for a rational take on the trade.  EVEN IF he doesn't work out, they have an idea on how they would like to use him.

Let them try to see if it works.

I will admit, this board is getting a little crazy in their hot takes.