ESPN Player Survey...Allen Most Trash Talking Overrated QB in NFL

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

It is in Josh's hands to change the narrative this year. People can't use Diggs as an excuse anymore. Team around him is markedly unproven. If he puts up similar or better numbers people will have to acknowledge how good he is. However, until he can get past Mahomes and get to a Super Bowl there will always be detractors.

regardless, (if/when) with a superbowl win or even 2. they would still be there, it's in their DNA

15 minutes ago, appoo said:

this man almost never tweets and when he does it’s almost pure corporate vanilla.

Dude is pissed I think

That tweet seems happy. Biggest trash talker should be an honor. The other one he was voted for not so much. 

41 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

It is in Josh's hands to change the narrative this year. People can't use Diggs as an excuse anymore. Team around him is markedly unproven. If he puts up similar or better numbers people will have to acknowledge how good he is. However, until he can get past Mahomes and get to a Super Bowl there will always be detractors.

So when Mahomes' numbers go down when he's light on weapons does that mean he isn't as good?

53 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So when Mahomes' numbers go down when he's light on weapons does that mean he isn't as good?

People aren't going to question someone with 3 SuperBowls. Mahomes has proven himself to be the top QB in the league there is no disputing that.

Edited by billieve420
  • Agree 2

On 8/27/2024 at 10:31 AM, MJS said:

Josh Allen has 174 total touchdowns (passing, rushing and receiving) in the past four seasons. That's 23 more than anyone else since 2020 and the most in a four-year span by any player in NFL history. He has 75 turnovers in that span, 14 more than anyone else.

He is the modern day Brett Favre, really.

Crazy how people think he’s overrated. He’s underrated if anything. He’s a

6’5 Favre than can hurdle, truck, and stiff arm linebackers. I’d say a SB is more important to Allen’s legacy than any one else. He’s a HOFer already in my book, but casual fans seem to take a stupid narrative like ‘turnover machine” and live & die w/ it. 

Most overrated by far is Lamar Jackson. At least Josh has the balls to make a game winning throw even if it ends up getting intercepted. Lamar folds like origami in the post-season and always has a great defense/running game to lean on. If he doesn’t have an open running lane he is finished whereas Allen can beat you in multiple ways. The least deserving MVP of all time. I can think of about 6 players players off the top of my head who deserved it more. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I hope he has a great year. Because if he doesn’t then the narratives will be supported, unfortunately. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, appoo said:

this man almost never tweets and when he does it’s almost pure corporate vanilla.

Dude is pissed I think

It’s funny how less personal Allen takes this me meaningless crap than some fans. Dude has the best outlook on things. 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

"If they are actual surveys going out"

Love that response from Josh. 

Anyone that believes these are real surveys is an idiot. Even if they are actual responses from players, I'm sure the players they choose to participate are chosen very carefully, to get the results they want. 

ESPN has been the main catalyst for Allen hate in recent years. This is now the second story they've ran on Allen being the most overrated player in the league. And now they've got everyone talking about it again. It's all about keeping the narrative going. 

You really think that they are choosing Allen for clicks? Won’t it make more sense to choose someone from a bigger market or mahomes? 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You really think that they are choosing Allen for clicks? Won’t it make more sense to choose someone from a bigger market or mahomes? 

No one gets trigger like bills fans when you talk bad about Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This was posted by a Jets fan on their message board.

Josh Allen has the most tds in NFL history to this point 

He has the second most playoff tds in NFL playoff history for a QB in his first ten playoff games 

He is tied for the 4th most passing touchdowns in NFL history for a QB in his first 6 years 

He has the most tds over a 4 year span ( before and after the merger) in NFL history 

Allen is second in passing touchdowns since 19 and 20 ( 6 behind mahomes).

If you took out all of Allens rushing production he has still tied Peyton Manning in passing touchdowns in his first 6 years starting, yet has about 30 less int over that same 6 years starting...

He has the lowest int percentage in NFL playoff history 

He has the 3rd LEAST amount of turnovers in NFL playoff history for a QB in his first ten playoff games 

He has more playoff tds than Burrow Lamar Herbert and Lawrence combined....

If you took out Allens best playoff game and took out burrow and Lamars worst playoff game, Allen still has a higher passer rating, higher td %, higher passing touchdown %, higher qbr ...

If you take away all of Allens wildcard stats 

He still has better overall playoff numbers than Lamar and burrow. 

Allen since 2020 in the regular season and postseason he has almost 100 more tds than Lamar... A frickin hundred...lol

Allen overall record vs mahomes 3-4 ( since 2020}

Allen record vs mahomes since 21 (3-2)

Allen in those past 5 games vs mahomes 

16 tds 1 turnover 

Mahomes 11 tds 5 turnovers 

Allen has a career playoff passer rating of 100...

Allen at age 28 has already tied the great Jim Kelly in playoff passing touchdowns (21)

Can someone explain wtf is going on???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3