ESPN Player Survey...Allen Most Trash Talking Overrated QB in NFL

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could see it based on the style of offense we are likely to run this year. Probably very little deep passing relative to what we're used to. I expect a ball control offense with a lot more running and quick passes to the short and intermediate areas. Most of Allen's INTs last year came on deep shots or under/over combos that a DB was able to easily read and undercut... and I don't expect either of those to be staples of our offense this year. I don't recall any INTs that Allen threw in the direction of a TE or Shakir last year and that is likely going to be the bulk of our offensive targets.

Yes, that's exactly it - assuming Kincaid stays healthy, I predict he'll have around 100/100+ catches.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What about week 2?

Huh? I think the passing offense will run through Kincaid primarily (and it'll be a more controlled passing game), and I also think that Coleman will be better at winning jump ball situations than Davis. That alone will lead to a couple fewer INts.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Every Bills fan tweet this at Allen.  

And make us fans look more insecure than most of you already are? 

Maybe we can put up a billboard, or donate money to an ESPN charity? Because hey, we're Bills fans. We celebrate known Bears fans like Kyle Brandt because he said some cool things about the Bills. Or allow Jets fan Mo Mozzerella to training camp because he says how ya doin.

You said something about our team? We're gonna slobber or cry!

Also, put some socks on.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I could see it based on the style of offense we are likely to run this year. Probably very little deep passing relative to what we're used to. I expect a ball control offense with a lot more running and quick passes to the short and intermediate areas. Most of Allen's INTs last year came on deep shots or under/over combos that a DB was able to easily read and undercut... and I don't expect either of those to be staples of our offense this year. I don't recall any INTs that Allen threw in the direction of a TE or Shakir last year and that is likely going to be the bulk of our offensive targets.

I was going to say exactly this. 

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

And make us fans look more insecure than most of you already are? 

Maybe we can put up a billboard, or donate money to an ESPN charity? Because hey, we're Bills fans. We celebrate known Bears fans like Kyle Brandt because he said some cool things about the Bills. Or allow Jets fan Mo Mozzerella to training camp because he says how ya doin.

You said something about our team? We're gonna slobber or cry!

Also, put some socks on.

It's called motivation Jay and Allen will appreciate it.

And Kyle Brandt is smarter than you.  He went to Princeton and you went to Blue Mountain State.

I am actually barefoot in my yard with my awesome and soft zoysia grass.  I grow grass better than you Jay.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That would be great, but its unlikely. He had 7 in his games with Brady as OC. In fact he only had 3 games where he didnt have an INT (Vegas, Miami and Dallas). Josh Allen is a gunslinger and will live and die by it

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

7 in 9 games including postseason, which are the most important games and should be included. That rate is 13 games over a 17 game season (he was on a 17 INT pace under Dorsey - 10 in 10 games). I just have a hunch that he's committed to being more careful with the ball this season. That hunch is based in part not on any evidence, but my sense that he's gotta be sick of the narrative and that he's talented and smart enough to overcome it. He had 10 INTs in 2020 (and 37 TDs). We'll see, of course.  

All fair points...but couple added caveat points here:

• Brady wasn't running "his" system last year, he was working out of Dorsey's, so we really can't rely too much on how he did with Brady last year as it won't be the same this season.
  • Gone are two highly inefficient players in Diggs and Davis as the top of the peking order.  Davis especially where Allen has committed by a wide margin the most INT's while throwing to.  
  • Gone is the high volume single target offense and in coming is a spread the ball around, take the openings when you see it offense. 

We don't know how this offense is going to fair this season, but I think its certainly plausible that we can see a noticeable drop in turnovers from Allen.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

"Turnover machine" has become the opposing fan characterization of Allen.  But no one ever brings in the TD to turnover ratio.

Allen takes more chances, but he gets more results. Most opposing fans would take Allen over their QB in a second.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Prediction for 2024 - Allen throws 10 INTs max. 

So 8 against the Jets and only 2 the remaining 15 games of the season?  Seems far fetched to me.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All fair points...but couple added caveat points here:

• Brady wasn't running "his" system last year, he was working out of Dorsey's, so we really can't rely too much on how he did with Brady last year as it won't be the same this season.
  • Gone are two highly inefficient players in Diggs and Davis as the top of the peking order.  Davis especially where Allen has committed by a wide margin the most INT's while throwing to.  
  • Gone is the high volume single target offense and in coming is a spread the ball around, take the openings when you see it offense. 

We don't know how this offense is going to fair this season, but I think its certainly plausible that we can see a noticeable drop in turnovers from Allen.  

I don't know what your duck preference has to do with anything but Stefon Diggs as "highly inefficient" is crazy talk.

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So 8 against the Jets and only 2 the remaining 15 games of the season?  Seems far fetched to me.

I don't know what your duck preference has to do with anything but Stefon Diggs as "highly inefficient" is crazy talk.

Really?  Shakir had more yards than Diggs over the final 10 games (also led the team over that span in yards) on 38 targets than Diggs had on more than double that with 80 targets.  Not to mention the substantially higher catch rate (Shakir led all WR's in the NFL), YPT, and YPC.  

Yes you know his name.  No you don't know his stats or efficiency...or should I say...inefficiency.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  Shakir had more yards than Diggs over the final 10 games (also led the team over that span in yards) on 38 targets than Diggs had on more than double that with 80 targets.  Not to mention the substantially higher catch rate (Shakir led all WR's in the NFL), YPT, and YPC.  

Yes you know his name.  No you don't know his stats or efficiency...or should I say...inefficiency.  

Shakir having off the charts efficiency stats, which all reasonable people expect to come back down to earth this year, does not mean that anyone who was actually a featured receiver in an NFL offense is "highly inefficient".  

Diggs catch rate is negligibly different than AJ Brown, Puka, Justin Jefferson.   Diggs 2023 stats were nearly identical to his 2021 stats.  I guess he's just been quietly inefficient his whole career?  

Yes, you know Shakir's stats.  No, you don't know how to interpret them and have drawn silly conclusions about Diggs in the process.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Shakir having off the charts efficiency stats, which all reasonable people expect to come back down to earth this year, does not mean that anyone who was actually a featured receiver in an NFL offense is "highly inefficient".  

Diggs catch rate is negligibly different than AJ Brown, Puka, Justin Jefferson.   Diggs 2023 stats were nearly identical to his 2021 stats.  I guess he's just been quietly inefficient his whole career?  

Yes, you know Shakir's stats.  No, you don't know how to interpret them and have drawn silly conclusions about Diggs in the process.  

So you ignored the facts about his last 10 games here under Brady...and instead included his high usage under Dorsey to change the point of the conversation which was talking about his inefficiency under Brady.  Got it.  

Why dont you go compare his efficiency under both Dorsey then Brady before you come into a conversation lacking the necessary information to accurately weigh in.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you ignored the facts about his last 10 games here under Brady...and instead included his high usage under Dorsey to change the point of the conversation which was talking about his inefficiency under Brady.  Got it.  

Why dont you go compare his efficiency under both Dorsey then Brady before you come into a conversation lacking the necessary information to accurately weigh in.  

And you are only comparing Shakir's small body of work as the 3rd or 4th option in this offense to the worst stretch of games in Diggs' career.  And the conclusion that you're drawn, is that the best WR play this franchise has ever seen is "highly inefficient".

Why don't you just stop embarrassing yourself.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Prediction for 2024 - Allen throws 10 INTs max. 

With this group of WRs? He's going to have at least 5 bounce off of hands, and a few pick sixes as a result. I wouldn't be shocked if he sets a career worst.

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And you are only comparing Shakir's small body of work as the 3rd or 4th option in this offense to the worst stretch of games in Diggs' career.  And the conclusion that you're drawn, is that the best WR play this franchise has ever seen is "highly inefficient".

Why don't you just stop embarrassing yourself.

What are you even talking about dude.  You jumped into a conversation with no idea about what you are talking about and started coming at me based on your assumptions not facts.  And that is something that happens way too much here.  

First I was only talking about Diggs and Davis being gone with Brady now working with a new group.  You chimed in with your inaccurate assumptions.  I used Shakir as a quick and easy example of a huge discrepancy, not to highlight Shakir, but to show just how inefficient Diggs was with his targets.  So leave Shakir out of this, it has nothing to do with the point.  

So let me educate you on what inefficiency is by only focusing on what Diggs did on the field that earned the comment that said he was inefficenct in the first place, because it is a FACT despite your ignrorace to the facts.

Diggs final 10 games (INCLUDING 2 Playoff games):  80 targets, 47 Catches, 422 yards.

Efficiency:

Catch Rate:  58.8%

Yards Per Catch:  8.98 

Yards per Target:  5.28

Yards per game:  42.2

If you think those are not highly inefficient for a #1 WR then you should never ever discuss WR's again.  Those are facts...not petty assumptions.  I did not say Diggs was highly efficient his whole career, I was a big champion of Diggs almost his entire career here, and I was one who thought he wouldn't even be traded this year and thought it would be next year.  

And FWIW, Diggs also saw a drop in his efficiency in the 2nd half of the 2022 year as well, not as steep as this years very dramatic drop, but a relevant drop none the less.  

So...get out of here with this "embarassing" myself nonsense.  You have no idea what you are talking about, what the subject even is and you come at me with the pompous attitude for no reason.  This is the kind of stuff that gets so old around here.

Edited by Alphadawg7