NFL cuts, trades, and roster activity

KingBoots8

43 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I remember people here (mostly the constantly negative voices) roasting Beane for letting Hodgins go. He didn’t end up doing much.

wasnt really anything throwing to him either.  so theres that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Just like when Rachaad Wildgoose got cut and everyone lost their minds. He’s unemployed now too

People loved Wildgoose for his name, not his play. I don’t remember him being in the notes almost daily for plays he was making in camp, nor do I remember folks thinking we cut someone who could’ve been a real contributor. 

8 minutes ago, Brand J said:

People loved Wildgoose for his name, not his play. I don’t remember him being in the notes almost daily for plays he was making in camp, nor do I remember folks thinking we cut someone who could’ve been a real contributor. 

he got cut so there is still hope for those people 

11 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

wasnt really anything throwing to him either.  so theres that.

His issue is that he’s too slow for the NFL. Can’t play special teams for that reason. If you’re going to be a bottom of the roster WR then you need some versatility.

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Ravens need help at b/u QB. Huntley played for them for years so methinks Cleveland is trying to move him to any other team for whatever they can get. A late round pick swap would get it done. 

The Ravens have all world (cuz he's played everywhere including here) Josh Johnson as their backup QB. 

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Still can't convince me that keeping Kumerow over Hodgins was the better choice.

Hodgins is barely an NFL WR, but Kumerow was worse.

Jake didn't even play last season.

The key is that Kumerow played on special teams and Hodgins didn't.

I know fans hate it, and don't like to think this way, but if you're a WR5 or WR6 in the NFL, in order to stick and be valuable to your team, you HAVE to play special teams.

Hodgins didn't/doesn't.

So the Giants rostered a guy last year who had 20 receptions for 230 yards, and didn't contribute on special teams. It's just not a very logical use of a roster spot.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The key is that Kumerow played on special teams and Hodgins didn't.

I know fans hate it, and don't like to think this way, but if you're a WR5 or WR6 in the NFL, in order to stick and be valuable to your team, you HAVE to play special teams.

Hodgins didn't/doesn't.

So the Giants rostered a guy last year who had 20 receptions for 230 yards, and didn't contribute on special teams. It's just not a very logical use of a roster spot.

How could anyone who posts here NOT hear that.

Truth is the Bills needed a better WR than a STer in November of 2022.

IMO.

• Like (+1) 1