NFL cuts, trades, and roster activity

KingBoots8

1 minute ago, BillsFooteball said:

We have our first couple kickers available. Ryland (Pats) and Carlson (Packers). Interest?

Both have big legs but have been highly inaccurate in the NFL. Can they be fixed? Is it worth it when you could try to fix Bass or hope he breaks out of it. Maybe for the PS.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Both have big legs but have been highly inaccurate in the NFL. Can they be fixed? Is it worth it when you could try to fix Bass or hope he breaks out of it. Maybe for the PS.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. Both have the leg strength for sure. But is either any different from bass? Ryland was terrible. I’m more in on Carlson. Let’s see all final cuts but if bass can’t be fixed and anything over 40 yards is going to be a 50/50 shot then have to do something. Ideally due to contract bass snaps out of it but with no pressure or bad weather he had miserable practices and only FG attempt that was not a chip shot he missed in preseason 

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And he needs to play to learn. Like he actually throws a really nice ball. His problem is and always has been processing. He doesn't process quickly enough and doesn't see passing lanes. Which means he either holds it forever and takes sacks, runs around and takes hits or worse - when he sees pressure - he has a horrible tendency to just chuck it up for grabs. There is just nowhere and no way to develop a guy like that. You either have to commit to him and say "we are willing to go 0-17 but give this kid a chance to develop" or you give up on him. As a backup getting limited snaps and not seeing anything it feels like the worst possible situation.

Is "processing" a thing you want to work on in the NFL when it's this raw? Send him to Canada. The NFL has a graveyard of players that could sling a ball 50 yards but couldn't handle the mental part of the game. Give me the guy with the football IQ who's a lesser athlete ever time.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So DTR made the 53 for Cleveland. That means either Winston or Huntley is getting traded or cut in Cleveland. 

Frankly, I’d call about both to see if I can get one for a late 2026 pick 

Gimme Huntley over Crab Legs.