NFL cuts, trades, and roster activity

KingBoots8

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And he needs to play to learn. Like he actually throws a really nice ball. His problem is and always has been processing. He doesn't process quickly enough and doesn't see passing lanes. Which means he either holds it forever and takes sacks, runs around and takes hits or worse - when he sees pressure - he has a horrible tendency to just chuck it up for grabs. There is just nowhere and no way to develop a guy like that. You either have to commit to him and say "we are willing to go 0-17 but give this kid a chance to develop" or you give up on him. As a backup getting limited snaps and not seeing anything it feels like the worst possible situation.

I absolutely agree with everything you see in his game.  He would benefit greatly from some time in the UFL or CFL.  He may never get his game together but he surely won't sitting on the bench.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And he needs to play to learn. Like he actually throws a really nice ball. His problem is and always has been processing. He doesn't process quickly enough and doesn't see passing lanes. Which means he either holds it forever and takes sacks, runs around and takes hits or worse - when he sees pressure - he has a horrible tendency to just chuck it up for grabs. There is just nowhere and no way to develop a guy like that. You either have to commit to him and say "we are willing to go 0-17 but give this kid a chance to develop" or you give up on him. As a backup getting limited snaps and not seeing anything it feels like the worst possible situation.

Slow processors very rarely get better. He’ll always stink and like the other poster feel he’ll be in the UFL soon enough 

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I absolutely agree with everything you see in his game.  He would benefit greatly from some time in the UFL or CFL.  He may never get his game together but he surely won't sitting on the bench.

Yep. If you were a smart NFL team you would sign him and agree that you will allow him to jointly sign with a USFL team next spring on the proviso that team plays him. I'm not sure if seeing things at that standard will fully develop him for an NFL standard but it at least gives him a chance to play, develop, see different defenses and try to speed up his processing. 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Slow processors very rarely get better. He’ll always stink and like the other poster feel he’ll be in the UFL soon enough 

I agree. They rarely get better. But to even have a chance to get better he (or any other slow processor) would have to actually get on the field and I don't think there is a place to develop those processing skills. I think the spring league idea is good for him. It might never get him to NFL level but it is a way to get some exposure and try to learn.

• Agree 1

Roy and Ika were two guys a lot of Bills fans wanted in the draft because we were undersized. Fans especially wanted Ika. 

Might be willing to sign Anders Carlson to the PS and see if the Bills can figure out his issues. Huge leg, brother of Daniel Carlson hopefully he can figure it out 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Roy and Ika were two guys a lot of Bills fans wanted in the draft because we were undersized. Fans especially wanted Ika. 

Might be willing to sign Anders Carlson to the PS and see if the Bills can figure out his issues. Huge leg, brother of Daniel Carlson hopefully he can figure it out 

Ika is massive, but both preseasons where he played, he got mauled in the run game.  Hard to make a team as a run stuffing 360lbs DT if you can't stuff the run.  I don't think he was active last year at all.

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Ika is massive, but both preseasons where he played, he got mauled in the run game.  Hard to make a team as a run stuffing 360lbs DT if you can't stuff the run.  I don't think he was active last year at all.

I'm not advocating for Ika by any means, just pointing out how many people wanted him and he has been awful in the NFL