NFL cuts, trades, and roster activity

KingBoots8

As the cuts and trades loom closer, I figured a single spot to discuss league-wide activity would be best in a central location vs 100 topics of “GIT’R DONE BEANE” for every individual move.

Starting with Malik Willis being traded to Green Bay

IMG_9487.jpeg

Edited by KingBoots8

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

As the cuts and trades loom closer, I figured a single spot to discuss league-wide activity would be best in a central location vs 100 topics of “GIT’R DONE BEANE” for every individual move.

IMG_9487.jpeg

Wow, didn't see that coming

7 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

IMG_9487.jpeg

What’s U  talkin ‘bout

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

IMG_9487.jpeg

this guy is so Raw. I actually think a guy like Anthony Brown would be better. 

(by the way, I think there is a bigger cut thread, FYI).

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this guy is so Raw. I actually think a guy like Anthony Brown would be better. 

(by the way, I think there is a bigger cut thread, FYI).

I saw one for “cuts that would help the Bills” but figured this would be more of a general NFL activity thread, regardless of position or Bills-specific need

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll probably be in the minority but I’d rather have Willis as a backup learning under Josh than our current situation. Especially for a 7th. 

I gotta say, a 7th round pick for anyone in the top two rounds is a no brainer…. Unless, they are a complete wash out.

3rd round QB?  Why not.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

IMG_9487.jpeg

Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

He’s very very bad

Maybe but so is Mitch and he’s 30. It’s the preseason so it’s pretty worthless but he had 104 qb rating on a bad titans team. Mitch went 0-2 on a 10-7 playoff team last year. I’d rather take the younger, more talented guy than the guy who has proven many times he is not good. Mitch, great guy though. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll probably be in the minority but I’d rather have Willis as a backup learning under Josh than our current situation. Especially for a 7th. 

You’d disagree if you watched him this preseason. He looks lost out there 

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

He’s very very bad

And he needs to play to learn. Like he actually throws a really nice ball. His problem is and always has been processing. He doesn't process quickly enough and doesn't see passing lanes. Which means he either holds it forever and takes sacks, runs around and takes hits or worse - when he sees pressure - he has a horrible tendency to just chuck it up for grabs. There is just nowhere and no way to develop a guy like that. You either have to commit to him and say "we are willing to go 0-17 but give this kid a chance to develop" or you give up on him. As a backup getting limited snaps and not seeing anything it feels like the worst possible situation.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You’d disagree if you watched him this preseason. He looks lost out there 

Also if there was a team that would make me feel better about reading for someone else’s qb, it’s the Packers. Literally, the best franchise at evaluating/ developing qbs in the nfl. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hmmm, I don't know. My guess is the board is 50/50 on this.   Almost no one wants Trubisky anymore, but many don't want to part with any draft picks.  I'd make this trade or perhaps give up a 6th and get a back a 7th.