Tim Patrick please (On his way to Detroit)

4 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Patrick was a pretty good player before the injuries, so if he ends up being released, he might find Buffalo an attractive place to check out, because:

1)   playing with Josh Allen is good for a receiver

2)  the Bills are one of the better teams in the league 

3)  after losing Diggs and Davis, and potential injury issues with Samuel and MVS, there might be a shot for playing time and an important role.

I probably wouldn't trade an asset for him, but if he's available, I'd be in favor of bringing him in for a workout and see if there's a fit.  It does seem odd to me that if he's having such a good camp and preseason that he can't crack the top-5 or 6 in Denver.

Given the knee and Achilles he doesn’t have the moves or speed since he is not yet 100% 

I really liked Tim Patrick pre-injury. I think he'd probably be an upgrade over a lot our bottom choices (including Mac Hollins as a pure receiver). He's at least as good as MVS is today. 

That being said, Hollins is not going anywhere. I've never seen a bottom WR get more media play than him from the team. 

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is probably on the low side but you'd be trying to sell it to New Orleans as part of getting their franchise QB. And by the trade deadline when you'd be making the offer this season is down the pan for them, so it is really one year of cost control plus the option (which while controlled it not cheap). I don't think it would take a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. But if it was felt he was on the block someone might give them a 1st.  I dunno. It only works if the Saints are dreadful and planning for a teardown. 

They will be dreadful, but will they admit it or be drunken sailors again?

20 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

“significant” depth at WR? lol

The pool of crap was deep in TC for the Bills too.  Depth doesn’t mean any real talent is there, just means you have a bunch of guys around the same talent level and in this case, they are choosing to develop the young guys and hope bc he’s not getting younger and they are going nowhere fast.

• Simon changed the title to Tim Patrick please (On his way to Detroit)