Tim Patrick please (On his way to Detroit)

@GunnerBill I like the Olave idea especially long term. If Beane doesn’t want to burn high draft capital just pull the trigger finally on Hopkins if it looks like we’re actually a Super Bowl contender. All in all we need to spend more draft capital on the WR room year in and year out like he does on the d line 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

@GunnerBill I like the Olave idea especially long term. If Beane doesn’t want to burn high draft capital just pull the trigger finally on Hopkins if it looks like we’re actually a Super Bowl contender. All in all we need to spend more draft capital on the WR room year in and year out like he does on the d line 

Hopkins is hurt. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Here's an idea if the Saints totally suck would they take Minnesota's 2nd for Chris Olave? Likely a high 2nd round pick? Might help them have ammunition for a Quarterback with a new regime next year? 

LOL, maybe if you add a first and a third to that offer.  He’s a #1 WR with three years of control.  That’s the hottest commodity in the league short of a franchise QB.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Idk. NFL.com says he doesn’t have arms or hands. Might be hard to catch anything.

IMG_9485.png

EDIT: Dude tore his ACL in 2022 and his Achilles in 2023. Must have lost those arms this year. Tough break.

but yeah, let’s not trade for a guy who hasn’t been healthy since mid-COVID era.

It’s interesting how many pro athletes have had the knee injury and Achilles back to back (ex: Tre White, Klay Thompson).  Is the knee next for Rodgers?

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

LOL, maybe if you add a first and a third to that offer.  He’s a #1 WR with three years of control.  That’s the hottest commodity in the league short of a franchise QB.

It is probably on the low side but you'd be trying to sell it to New Orleans as part of getting their franchise QB. And by the trade deadline when you'd be making the offer this season is down the pan for them, so it is really one year of cost control plus the option (which while controlled it not cheap). I don't think it would take a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. But if it was felt he was on the block someone might give them a 1st.  I dunno. It only works if the Saints are dreadful and planning for a teardown. 

Dude has missed all of the past two seasons. He tore his ACL in a practice prior to the opening game and then in 2023 tore his Achilles prior to the start of the season. From 2020-2021 Patrick was a quality WR. He had 700 yards, on 50+ receptions, and 5+ TD's all with awful QB play. I wouldn't mind the Bills kicking the tires but I don't see this working out back to back massive injuries at age 30/31 just seems like he's going to have a hard time revitalizing his career. 

3 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

What does his contract look like?

Missed update - did not show up in search before:

Broncos To Keep WR Tim Patrick On Reworked Deal

Reason for other teams to trade for him is he already HAS a basically minimum 1 year deal and Broncos absorbed money in re-deal.

11:11am: The Broncos said goodbye to Justin Simmons, their longest-tenured player, and are set to likely bid farewell to other multiyear starters this offseason. But they plan to hang onto Tim Patrick, despite his run of bad injury luck.

Patrick has agreed to a reworked contract to stay in Denver. One year remained on Patrick’s previous contract — a three-year, $34MM extension agreed to during the 2021 season — but ACL and Achilles tears have kept him off the field over the past two [Wilson] seasons. The Broncos are not adding any years to the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Never heard of him, but I trust your judgement.  Make it so. 

Tim Patrick is legit, but his injury history is concerning.  

He's absolutely better than MVS.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Missed update - did not show up in search before:

Broncos To Keep WR Tim Patrick On Reworked Deal

Reason for other teams to trade for him is he already HAS a basically minimum 1 year deal and Broncos absorbed money in re-deal.

Ah - thanks for the clarification.  That’s much more tradeable than $9M.

I live in the Denver area. The local media is and always has been very high on Tim Patrick as a "great locker room guy" who holds his teammates accountable. The feeling was while he has lost a step, he otherwise seemed to have fully recovered from the two injuries which caused him to miss all of the previous two seasons. 

There was a strong feeling that the Broncos would keep him BUT for the fact that Broncos have a pretty crowded receiver room and Sean Payton (egomaniac) had traded up for Troy Franklin in the most recent draft. Franklin has looked terrible in training camp and done little to nothing in the preseason games -- if the coach weren't personally invested in Franklin he would have been cut. With Franklin thus wasting a roster spot, Patrick an older player and with no positive history with the current coach was the obvious sacrifice.

TLDR: Broncos did not cut Patrick for football reasons and it would behoove the Bills to look into acquiring him if they want a highly motivated, low-cost veteran possession receiver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Why would anyone want a 31 year old WR who hasn’t played a down of football in 2 years and was JAG when he was in his prime?

Exactly.

I get that some fans are depressed that they chose to Draft Coleman and sign Hollins and MVS on the Outside and want more. But I can't wrap my head around being negative towards them and looking at Tim Patrick as a positive.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Two first names, pass

Exactly,

Sirhan Sirhan,  can’t trust that sort of sh-t, 

🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dhgold said:

I live in the Denver area. The local media is and always has been very high on Tim Patrick as a "great locker room guy" who holds his teammates accountable. The feeling was while he has lost a step, he otherwise seemed to have fully recovered from the two injuries which caused him to miss all of the previous two seasons. 

There was a strong feeling that the Broncos would keep him BUT for the fact that Broncos have a pretty crowded receiver room and Sean Payton (egomaniac) had traded up for Troy Franklin in the most recent draft. Franklin has looked terrible in training camp and done little to nothing in the preseason games -- if the coach weren't personally invested in Franklin he would have been cut. With Franklin thus wasting a roster spot, Patrick an older player and with no positive history with the current coach was the obvious sacrifice.

TLDR: Broncos did not cut Patrick for football reasons and it would behoove the Bills to look into acquiring him if they want a highly motivated, low-cost veteran possession receiver.

Tim Patrick worked in obscurity, worked his way up to #3 WR, was rewarded w/3 year contract, injured two years when being paid well, had salary cut to minimum so as not to be cut during training camp/preseason, worked during training camp/preseason at offseason pay rate and then is going to get cut/traded.   Reminds me of OL man for Bills who once he got paid did not want to go to camp and finally was booted off team because he did not want to appear as overpaid backup to old team.

It seems Tim Patrick works better when he is being paid less so this might be year to sign him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-moving-on-from-veteran-wr-tim-patrick

Finally healthy, Patrick appeared to be building momentum toward a significant comeback season in 2024, admitting it "felt good" to record his first reception in over two years and promising fans he was only just getting started with a simple statement: "You guys haven't seen anything yet."

He'll have to deliver on that promise in a different uniform. Denver selected Oregon receiver Troy Franklin in the fourth round of April's draft, added Josh Reynolds in the offseason and have a number of other younger options (Marvin Mims Jr., Lil'Jordan Humphrey, preseason standout Brandon Johnson and clear No. 1 receiver Courtland Sutton) they'd like to see on the field, essentially squeezing out Patrick by virtue of the numbers game that is cutdown week.