Tim Patrick please (On his way to Detroit)

Broncos beat writer Mike Klis reports the Broncos are moving on from WR Time Patrick and “are currently exploring trade possibilities” for the veteran WR.

He’s finally healthy. Would take him over MVS all day because get this…he can actually catch the ball. Give up a 7th and make it happen 🥳 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Idk. NFL.com says he doesn’t have arms or hands. Might be hard to catch anything.

IMG_9485.png

EDIT: Dude tore his ACL in 2022 and his Achilles in 2023. Must have lost those arms this year. Tough break.

but yeah, let’s not trade for a guy who hasn’t been healthy since mid-COVID era.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

MVS is inconsistent but he's our only "take the top off" WR.  

We have our versisons of Tim Patrick, in Hollins and Shavers.  Tim might be better, but not by much after a torn ACL and achilles.

No thx

Hamler can fill that role as well and Tim, when healthy, is great at finding space to get open. He looks fully healthy this preseason and was Bo’s favorite weapon. I just want guys who can create separation and catch the dang ball lol and he checks both boxes 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Idk. NFL.com says he doesn’t have arms or hands. Might be hard to catch anything.

IMG_9485.png

EDIT: Dude tore his ACL in 2022 and his Achilles in 2023. Must have lost those arms this year. Tough break.

but yeah, let’s not trade for a guy who hasn’t been healthy since mid-COVID era.

He caught 4 of 4 this weekend for 40 yards and a TD. 

He’s just a guy. We already have plenty of them. If you are going to go out and add a WR from the outside, make it a top guy or don’t bother. You go out and add a guy that can be our number 1 option, fine. You are going to have to give up something and pay but if not just roll out what we have.

27 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Eh, pass. I'm not looking to fill the out WR room with injury prone guys who won't last the season. Not in the mood to be calling John Brown and Cole Beasley again in mid-December due to lack of bodies. 

Older vets with injury history should only be signed to 53 post game one when when contracts are not  guaranteed unless Jim Overdorf is involved.

Patrick was a pretty good player before the injuries, so if he ends up being released, he might find Buffalo an attractive place to check out, because:

1)   playing with Josh Allen is good for a receiver

2)  the Bills are one of the better teams in the league 

3)  after losing Diggs and Davis, and potential injury issues with Samuel and MVS, there might be a shot for playing time and an important role.

I probably wouldn't trade an asset for him, but if he's available, I'd be in favor of bringing him in for a workout and see if there's a fit.  It does seem odd to me that if he's having such a good camp and preseason that he can't crack the top-5 or 6 in Denver.

• Like (+1) 3