Wyatt Teller Dirty Play on Uchenna Nwosu

SCBills

Hard to tell.  Looks dirty like helmet to knee but then it also looks like he hit him in the thigh...  

What is stupid is playing your starters in the preseason.  Please go ahead and try to convince me that Seattle player needed that rep.   

If these coaches had their way they would still be doing two a day full contact practices with no water.  They are so slow to evolve.  

There is nothing dirty about that cut block. And the RB didn’t engage until after Teller cut him. Perfectly legal block of the type you’d expect in that situation. What we have is a Seahawk fan upset that one of their players got hurt. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

Eh, it doesn't look dirty to me. Players go low because it is against the rules to go high. His helmet looks like it is making contact with his hip, but the defender is trying to jump around the block, but his cleat gets stuck in the turf, causing his leg to twist.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Hard to tell.  Looks dirty like helmet to knee but then it also looks like he hit him in the thigh...  

What is stupid is playing your starters in the preseason.  Please go ahead and try to convince me that Seattle player needed that rep.   

If these coaches had their way they would still be doing two a day full contact practices with no water.  They are so slow to evolve.  

Ethan Ethan, Ethan,  is this how you say you’re scared without saying you’re scared, nuthin but luv, but come on already, have a chat with Aaron Rodgers…, 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

There is nothing dirty about that cut block. And the RB didn’t engage until after Teller cut him. Perfectly legal block of the type you’d expect in that situation. What we have is a Seahawk fan upset that one of their players got hurt. 

I can sympathize w the guy who said it was dirty tbh

I mean yes, it's a legal block- but that's also playaction not rpo so Teller knows the RBs not getting the ball, the DE is clearly crashing down on RB...you don't need to cut the guy there especially knowing he's about to be engaged high and likely getting his lower body stuck

looks like the timing between QB drop and his pull was off so he was a little late getting across so I can give him credit for not wanting Nwosu to get in the backfield but he still knows the RB is back there...I say it's a little dirty but probably not malicious

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Looked like a dude who was a step late to his block and for some reason decided to dive at defenders legs when the RB could’ve slowed him up.  

I would suggest the reason is that he'd rather gouge out his own eyes than see his QB take an unnecessary preseason hit due to his own mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If you pause the clip at the right nano second you see the DE is being contacted both low and and high at the same time. Technically an illegal chop block. 

you are allowed to initiate contact below waist if the guy is not yet engaged

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

you are allowed to initiate contact below waist if the guy is not yet engaged

correct.

The foul occurs when the back contacts the DE high while still contacted by Teller low. Thus an illegal chop block. 

it’s a “reverse chop” 

from the rule book:

A1 blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower, and A2, simultaneously or immediately after the block by A1, engages the defensive player high (“reverse chop”).

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

correct.

The foul occurs when the back contacts the DE high while still contacted by Teller low. Thus an illegal chop block. 

it’s a “reverse chop” 

from the rule book:

A1 blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower, and A2, simultaneously or immediately after the block by A1, engages the defensive player high (“reverse chop”).

i legit did not know about that rule 👍

can't remember seeing it called before?

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

The RB engaged the defensive end high immediately after Teller cut him low. It’s a “reverse chop” and falls under the category of illegal chop block personal fouls.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i legit did not know about that rule 👍

can't remember seeing it called before?

yeah.

I doubt this one was called in the game as well. Just because it is illegal by rule doesn’t mean it will necessarily be called. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

I would suggest the reason is that he'd rather gouge out his own eyes than see his QB take an unnecessary preseason hit due to his own mistake.

true.  Probably no malicious intent, moreso a sloppy poorly executed play by Teller.  

• Agree 1