anyone buying bills bonds?

zevo

33 minutes ago, boater said:

Buffett....

I like Berkshire Hathaway but I won't buy it. The old codger Buffett is 93 years old. What will happen when he passes? I imagine the shares would dip in value.

---

The Bills Bond is tempting for sentimental sakes. I believe it will be AA rated. It would be my first bond investment, so I'm hesitant.

Buffett has been the standard for being patient and playing the long game.  I imagine BH will take a hit when he passes for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

I would have loved to if I got some type of really cool bond certificate to frame and hang on the wall in the man cave.  Seems like a missed opportunity here for the Bills to create a really cool piece of memorabilia.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, zevo said:

comparing apples to oranges my friend. 

I was using a simple comparison to make the point.  I’m very aware they are different scenarios, but my point was simply if you don’t have an understanding of any future ROI, it’s not worth a risk.  If someone has $ to burn then fine, but people with wealth have it for a reason.

On 8/27/2024 at 6:03 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I’m as much a Bills fan as the rest of you guys, but investments needs to show ROI.  If there is little to no history and they can claim anything.  If County keeps this open and shows a documented history of an 8% ROI, then I would consider it.  The avg return over 100 years for the Dow and Nasdaq is 8%.

As a financial advisor: People don't buy bonds looking for stock like returns. They buy them to get a coupon payment of income. Stocks go up on average 8% per year, but you have to sell them to realize the $$$ and be able to spend it (except dividends). Plus with municipal bonds, there are tax exemptions.

I'm not giving investment advice on here, but people at/close to retirement generally don't want to be in all stocks in case there's a year like 2022 or 2008-2009 and you have to liquidate your portfolio at a low point. No one size fits all answers to one's risk tolerance, time horizon, and liquidity needs.

Go Bills!

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

didn't take long for Terry to put Erie County on the corner with its hat in its hand....

Almost all stadiums that rely on public financing are funded with municipal bonds. 

1 hour ago, jlgarsh said:

As a financial advisor: People don't buy bonds looking for stock like returns. They buy them to get a coupon payment of income. Stocks go up on average 8% per year, but you have to sell them to realize the $$$ and be able to spend it (except dividends). Plus with municipal bonds, there are tax exemptions.

I'm not giving investment advice on here, but people at/close to retirement generally don't want to be in all stocks in case there's a year like 2022 or 2008-2009 and you have to liquidate your portfolio at a low point. No one size fits all answers to one's risk tolerance, time horizon, and liquidity needs.

Go Bills!

Almost all stadiums that rely on public financing are funded with municipal bonds. 

correct

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:08 PM, bills_fan said:

I would have loved to if I got some type of really cool bond certificate to frame and hang on the wall in the man cave.  Seems like a missed opportunity here for the Bills to create a really cool piece of memorabilia.

I will probably buy one either way but I really want a physical certificate for the wall!