anyone buying bills bonds?

zevo

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I am already doing my part by paying county sales tax every single day.  I’ll pass. 

At least with the bonds, you have something to show for it! Take what you earn on the bonds to offset your sales tax to a large degree. Voila! 

Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be lining up either, that’s not our style. We….don’t have a style. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Can't find the interest rate

Most people don't understand how Bonds work.  Its not really the same thing as buying a CD or making/paying a loan.  

image.thumb.png.36f344e59c95876773471184151c464d.png

I’m as much a Bills fan as the rest of you guys, but investments needs to show ROI.  If there is little to no history and they can claim anything.  If County keeps this open and shows a documented history of an 8% ROI, then I would consider it.  The avg return over 100 years for the Dow and Nasdaq is 8%.

41 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m as much a Bills fan as the rest of you guys, but investments needs to show ROI.  If there is little to no history and they can claim anything.  If County keeps this open and shows a documented history of an 8% ROI, then I would consider it.  The avg return over 100 years for the Dow and Nasdaq is 8%.

With a 30% tax rate, the market return of 8% is cut to 5.6%.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

comparing apples to oranges my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Warren Buffett Approves this message. 

Buffett....

I like Berkshire Hathaway but I won't buy it. The old codger Buffett is 93 years old. What will happen when he passes? I imagine the shares would dip in value.

---

The Bills Bond is tempting for sentimental sakes. I believe it will be AA rated. It would be my first bond investment, so I'm hesitant.