This is so very true

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

I saw the bat signal in the sky.

I don't get involved in this Jan  stuff though.

Don't know enough about it and was not interested to find out, but standard riots of stupid morons don't get me into the research.

Right.  Because people showing up with a gallows, chanting "Hang Mike Pence", breaking into the capitol with restraints and hunting for elected officials is just your typical "standard riot by stupid morons".  Whatever you have to tell yourself to turn a blind eye.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

not as stupid as calling a standard flagpole a deadly weapon

So everything is okay if you don't kill somebody?

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Did I say you were in a cult or did you put yourself in that category?

I took to task someone who claimed Jan 6 was peaceful.  You took me to task  Here you are saying it was a riot and there was violence.  Make up your mind.

I took you to task because you brought up the 'infamous noose' that could only hang the shortest of midgets. I see you are still spinning that nonsense. 

But make no mistake, I believe that part of the Jan 6th protest ended up in a riot, and the folks who used violence should be punished accordingly (as rioters, not sedionists/Insurrectionists). Those that didn't break the law shouldn't be punished. It's the same with the BLM protests, don't you agree?

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

I took you to task because you brought up the 'infamous noose' that could only hang the shortest of midgets. I see you are still spinning that nonsense. 

But make no mistake, I believe that part of the Jan 6th protest ended up in a riot, and the folks who used violence should be punished accordingly (as rioters, not sedionists/Insurrectionists). Those that didn't break the law shouldn't be punished. It's the same with the BLM protests, don't you agree?

I brought up something that demonstrated that Jan6 was not a peaceful protest.  

To the best of my knowledge, only 4 people were charged with seditious acts.  They were charged, had legal representation in a court of law and were found guilty of seditious conspiracy by a jury. 

"According to the evidence at trial, in the months leading up to January 6, these defendants and their co-conspirators plotted to oppose by force the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by amassing an armed “quick reaction force” on the outskirts of the District of Columbia. The defendants – Roberto Minuta, 38, of Prosper, Texas; Joseph Hackett, 52, of Sarasota, Florida; David Moerschel, 45, of Punta Gorda, Florida; and Edward Vallejo, 64, of Phoenix, Arizona – were leaders and associates of the Oath Keepers organization. In addition to the seditious conspiracy count, all four were found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, and conspiracy to prevent Members of Congress from discharging their official duties. Hackett was also found guilty of destruction of evidence."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/four-oath-keepers-found-guilty-seditious-conspiracy-related-us-capitol-breach

What evidence do you have to doubt the jury?

BLM protesters who weren't peaceful, who engaged in breaking and entering, vandalism, looting and other unlawful activities should be charged.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Scraps said:

I brought up something that demonstrated that Jan6 was not a peaceful protest.  

To the best of my knowledge, only 4 people were charged with seditious acts.  They were charged, had legal representation in a court of law and were found guilty of seditious conspiracy by a jury. 

"According to the evidence at trial, in the months leading up to January 6, these defendants and their co-conspirators plotted to oppose by force the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by amassing an armed “quick reaction force” on the outskirts of the District of Columbia. The defendants – Roberto Minuta, 38, of Prosper, Texas; Joseph Hackett, 52, of Sarasota, Florida; David Moerschel, 45, of Punta Gorda, Florida; and Edward Vallejo, 64, of Phoenix, Arizona – were leaders and associates of the Oath Keepers organization. In addition to the seditious conspiracy count, all four were found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, and conspiracy to prevent Members of Congress from discharging their official duties. Hackett was also found guilty of destruction of evidence."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/four-oath-keepers-found-guilty-seditious-conspiracy-related-us-capitol-breach

What evidence do you have to doubt the jury?

BLM protesters who weren't peaceful, who engaged in breaking and entering, vandalism, looting and other unlawful activities should be charged.

main-qimg-3b54bf6ae3a78f1d33abd3a718f487

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I keed.  Why were many of the BLM violent rioters/looters were NOT charged?

I don't know.  You asked me if they should be charged and I answered in a consistent fashion.  You won't hear me defending people who break the law at an event by the left or right.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

And your point is??

I think his point is that if you chant "hang Mike Pence," sharpen a flagpole outside the Capitol and say it is intended for a "particular person," but then construct a small and purely symbolic gallows, we should all interpret it as an elaborate practical joke gone bad.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think his point is that if you chant "hang Mike Pence," sharpen a flagpole outside the Capitol and say it is intended for a "particular person," but then construct a small and purely symbolic gallows, we should all interpret it as an elaborate practical joke gone bad.

Was that gallows really incapable of hanging someone?  There are trapdoors on gallows.  I even found a wiki on how to build one.  Look familiar?

image.thumb.png.a7bd1af2adbcd9afe102bc41abf03ca4.png

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I don't know.  You asked me if they should be charged and I answered in a consistent fashion.  You won't hear me defending people who break the law at an event by the left or right.

Me neither.

Just now, Scraps said:

Was that gallows really incapable of hanging someone?  There are trapdoors on gallows.  I even found a wiki on how to build one.  Look familiar?

image.thumb.png.a7bd1af2adbcd9afe102bc41abf03ca4.png

Come on bro, there was no trapdoor on that thing.  You have so much Jan 6 ammo, why focus on this one debunked part?