WR John Metchie rumored to be receiving trade interest. Would you trade a day three pick for him?

Logic

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he is an outside threat, so I'm interested. I'd make a call. I think you'd tempt me at a 4th for a 5th pick swap. I wouldn't "give up a pick" but move down a round, sure.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

i don’t think he’s “slot only” as some have said.  I’d give up a 5th if I could get a 6th or 7th in return.

that said, I expect a team that values WR more than us to be interested enough to give up more than us

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Naw, wait. Houston can't keep all those WRs. They'll have to cut someone. Why give up a draft pick at all.

Because he would have to choose Buffalo.  Might not be for everyone 

• Like (+1) 1

Another WR rumored to be on the trade block -- but for whom I won't make a separate thread -- is Carolina Panther Terrace Marshall Jr.

I mention him because he was with Joe Brady at LSU, and Brady specifically played a big part in Marshall getting drafted by the Panthers. His pro career hasn't blossomed yet (partly due to injury), but changes in scenery (particularly to come play with a coach with whom one has already had success) sometimes do wonders for a player's confidence and success.

I think Marshall could be had for less than Metchie. Something like swapping a 6th for a 7th. And despite the Bills already having Coleman and Mack Hollins at X, it's a move I'd be interested in making.

Basically, I'd just like the Bills to take another swing at WR before the season starts. Metchie, Marshall, or a post-cutdown-day waiver wire add. I think they need one more legit guy in that group. 

• Like (+1) 4

This is a no brainer if he's truly available. We have very little upside in the room as it stands today. Metchie gives us some upside. He has essentially been out of football for 2 years with just a bit of ramp up time last year so you have to think he would go for a later day three pick. As for the player he is basically an unknown but he showed enough in college to be drafted relatively high. Where is the downside here?

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Another WR rumored to be on the trade block -- but for whom I won't make a separate thread -- is Carolina Panther Terrace Marshall Jr.

I mention him because he was with Joe Brady at LSU, and Brady specifically played a big part in Marshall getting drafted by the Panthers. His pro career hasn't blossomed yet (partly due to injury), but changes in scenery (particularly to come play with a coach with whom one has already had success) sometimes do wonders for a player's confidence and success.

I think Marshall could be had for less than Metchie. Something like swapping a 6th for a 7th. And despite the Bills already having Coleman and Mack Hollins at X, it's a move I'd be interested in making.

Basically, I'd just like the Bills to take another swing at WR before the season starts. Metchie, Marshall, or a post-cutdown-day waiver wire add. I think they need one more legit guy in that group. 

I liked Marshall coming out but he is more of a big slot. I think we need someone who can play outside

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I would much rather have a clear upgrade.

To be fair, I think Metchie is almost CERTAINLY an upgrade over Tyrell Shavers, and very possibly an upgrade over Mack Hollins or MVS as well (at least as a pure receiver).

I think Coleman/Metchie/Shakir would be a very nice "upside" (to use HappyDays' notion) trio going forward, with Samuel and Hollins and MVS as the trusty vets for the time being.

Metchie has inside/outside versatility, good size, and good college production. I would love to add a guy with his potential and his skillset to our offense, and I feel the cost would be relatively minimal.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Steve Billieve said:

Difficult to imagine a better destination, he doesn't have to sign for more than 1-2.

Maybe for you, as a bills fan.  New York State taxes.  Living in Buffalo.  Cold weather.  Likely won’t get a lot of snaps unless someone gets injured.  Likely won’t offer much money.  

I think there might be other places he’d like to go.  My point was…..there’s a great reason we would trade for him as opposed to just signing him as a fA.  If we trade for him, he doesn’t have to choose us.  He doesn’t have a choice 

17 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Naw, wait. Houston can't keep all those WRs. They'll have to cut someone. Why give up a draft pick at all.

Yep, on top of Collins, Diggs & Dell, they also have Robert Woods, Noah Brown (who came up big when Dell was out) and Ben Skowronek, who they traded for.

8 hours ago, Logic said:

To be fair, I think Metchie is almost CERTAINLY an upgrade over Tyrell Shavers, and very possibly an upgrade over Mack Hollins or MVS as well (at least as a pure receiver).

I think Coleman/Metchie/Shakir would be a very nice "upside" (to use HappyDays' notion) trio going forward, with Samuel and Hollins and MVS as the trusty vets for the time being.

Metchie has inside/outside versatility, good size, and good college production. I would love to add a guy with his potential and his skillset to our offense, and I feel the cost would be relatively minimal.

If the Bills wanted him - wouldn't they have got him back in the Diggs trade ?

• Like (+1) 1