WR John Metchie rumored to be receiving trade interest. Would you trade a day three pick for him?

Logic

What are you trading for?   Meaning, what about him is worth a draft pick?   He hasnt been productive.   He wasnt overly athletic coming out of Alabama.  He's not big or fast.   Not to mention serious health concerns.  

If he gets cut and you want to take a flyer on him fine, but no way do I give up a pick for him.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s going to be a really good slot guy if given the opportunity. I’m always for adding good players. But as others have said, slot is the one spot we’re pretty set at. We need outside help. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

What are you trading for?   Meaning, what about him is worth a draft pick?   He hasnt been productive.   He wasnt overly athletic coming out of Alabama.  He's not big or fast.   Not to mention serious health concerns.  

If he gets cut and you want to take a flyer on him fine, but no way do I give up a pick for him.

He had 2000 yards and 14 tds at Bama. And dude was coming off battling leukemia. Pretty cold to not think that hasn’t had a major impact of his career. He’s looked really good this preseason with probably the best health he has been in a long time and opportunity 

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He's looked very good so far this preseason.

He was very productive at Alabama, following up a 916 yard year with an 1142 and 8 TD year. 

No, he's not overly athletic, but he was productive at a big time program in a big time conference and was deemed worthy of being taken with a 2nd round draft pick. He then went through (and beat) leukemia, and is just now finally getting the chance to show what he can do in the pros. The depth at WR in Houston, though, means they might be willing to trade him, given that this is his last year as cheap labor.

Me personally? If he could be had for, say, a 6th round pick that could conditionally become a 5th based on playing time, then yes, I'd be very interested. I think his chances of being a productive NFL player are as good or better than the chances of any 5th/6th round talent the Bills could draft in 2025.

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He played outside a bunch in college.  Has the size.  Definitely would be a good add at this point given how bleak the other options are.

Yea he is an outside threat, so I'm interested. I'd make a call. I think you'd tempt me at a 4th for a 5th pick swap. I wouldn't "give up a pick" but move down a round, sure.

• Like (+1) 3