Other Teams Cuts That Might Help the Bills

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I could see us bringing Andre Smith back.

I sort of liked him and thought he had a chance to stick with the Bills for a while early in his career.

He just never really seemed to get better though.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Don’t the Bills usually make a small trade right before cuts? I’m looking for that to happen.

I don't think Beane has pulled off a trade every year before cutdowns. He's done it a couple times though, I think.  

A couple of guys that I liked once upon a time that the Bills could add. These guys would be more practice squad types and not guys to put on the 53 man roster.

Viliami Fehoko DE San Jose State (cut by Dallas)

- Fehoko was a 4th round pick last year by Dallas but he had a knee injury as a rookie that really hampered him and he was buried in a very deep depth chart in Dallas and never really got an opportunity. His knock coming out was he didn't have great lateral agility but has really good size at 6'4 270 ish and if I recall had a hell of spin move at San Jose State. Might be worth taking a look at but could easily be picked up off of waivers by a bad team willing to stash him at the back of the 53.

Ja'Tyre Carter OT Southern University (Cut by Chicago)

- Carter was a very raw but promising tackle coming out of Southern University who was drafted in the 7th round. I thought he had all kinds of potential to be developed down the line as a swing tackle type. He was pushed into duty as a guard in Chicago way too early because their o line was trash and he wasn't good. I doubt the Bills would bring him in due to other young guys they have and there is potential for him to be picked up on waivers as well.

Dillon Johnson RB University of Washington( Cut by Carolina)

- I really like Johnson coming out of Washington this year but he was undrafted mostly because he ran a 4.7 40. I watched Johnson a lot in College last year and I was drawn to his overall toughness as a bell cow type back for Washington. Strong downhill runner who did well with the opportunities he was given during this preseason.

Verone McKinley III Safety University of Oregon (Cut by Arizona)

- Don't know if Buffalo would bring him in with probably keeping 5 Safeties and having two others on IR who are going to be released when healthy. McKinley was undrafted because he was a limited athlete with limited size but was a ballhawk in college and a lot of people were comparing him to Jairus Byrd. Hasn't caught on with a couple of teams now.

Kedon Slovis QB Everywhere University (Cut by Indy)

- Slovis was a former 5 star QB who went to multiple universities during his time in College. I think he has a ton of potential if he can be developed and could fit on the Bills PS as the 3rd guy and eventually become a backup in the NFL. He signed with the Colts and I have no idea why as they had a whopping 5 QB's in camp with 3 of them having NFL experience in Richardson, Flacco, and Ehlinger. He never had a shot at making their roster and I don't think he will be asked to be on their PS as it seems either Ehlinger or Jason Bean have the inside track for that.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Bob got out of here as fast as he could. Why do we think he wants to come back? He and Gilmore. Same deal.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

He was in Buffalo during a really low period. The last few years of the drought were tough and he had Rex to deal with. It’s a new era. You never know

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Trees would be an instant upgrade at #2 WR.  Question is cost and whether we can get him for the right price.

Woods is a slot guy.  We need an outside WR

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they expose Leonard Taylor he will get claimed.   5 star who dogged it in college thinking he'd just get picked in round 1 on talent alone.   Went undrafted.   His game fits the pro's.   Passed up $600K NIL deal to enter the draft.

He didn't try to put it together at Miami.   He was just playing not to get injured last season.   Mailed it in.  Gotta' keep a carrot in front of him.

This, as a UM fan he was frustrating. Really good when he was on and playing but when he was not interested it was bad

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Zach Wilson might get cut from the Broncos, I'm not saying he's good but he's better than Mitch. Mike White or Bailey Zappe are also possibilities I guess. 

I'd go with Zach.