Other Teams Cuts That Might Help the Bills

Zach Wilson might get cut from the Broncos, I'm not saying he's good but he's better than Mitch. Mike White or Bailey Zappe are also possibilities I guess. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Whichever QB Cleveland  utsxwoukd be an instant upgrade over Trubisky 

I wouldnt be surprised if Watson is IR return. They have 3 quality back ups for a reason.  Watson isnt playing imo. They roster Winston, Huntley and DTR.  If they were open to trading I think that move already happens. Right now it would be unlikley a qb traded would be ready to go as a backup week 1.  I know Mayfield did it in 72 hours.  He was the starter and has the complete attention of every offensive coach.  Going into week 1 he is getting assistance from a low level assistant and watching practice with minimal reps. 

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

One of the Denver back ups or that Plummer from Carolina who carved us up looked pretty good could be available soon 

I thought about this yesterday.  Plummer looked really good.  Of course, he won’t be throwing against Kyron Brown every week either!  

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

If he doesn't stick as the backup in Denver I'd take a flier on Zach Wilson.

Has the girl from the Kiko Alonso jersey story advanced to the next age group demographic?  Could be a match made in heaven...well, maybe a parking lot. 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

That 3rd stringer for Washington, Trace McSorley, has bounced around the league a bit.  Every time i see him play for a few series he's always balling.  Looks pretty good to me as a backup.

McSorely is an interesting thought. I think he could fill in for a couple games and do well, but that’s about it. 

Best Bills comp would be Flutie, but not quite as quick and lesser arm. 

His biggest shortcoming is size. DC would quickly realize he has trouble with intermediate middle routes because he has trouble seeing and identifying throwing lanes. 

Im guessing that’s why he hasn’t stuck with his prior teams. 

But for a couple games, he may do well. 

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Zach Wilson might get cut from the Broncos, I'm not saying he's good but he's better than Mitch. Mike White or Bailey Zappe are also possibilities I guess. 

I think Zach Wilson would be a good backup. Zappe too.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

LOL 12 minutes and zero posts apart.

You “may have heard of him”.  I’ve watched him play a bunch and would prefer him to Mitch at this point.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Does nobody think how Trubisky must feel scrolling and reading some of these fans lusting after complete garbage backups ??

I love you Mitch, I have complete confidence in you, you seem like a great guy and probably so much fun around the building… never mind these so called fans looking for the next Frank Reich and good luck in the meeting rooms this year.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, julian said:

Does nobody think how Trubisky must feel scrolling and reading some of these fans lusting after complete garbage backups ??

I love you Mitch, I have complete confidence in you, you seem like a great guy and probably so much fun around the building… never mind these so called fans looking for the next Frank Reich and good luck in the meeting rooms this year.

Nice try, Mitch...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Jets insiders are hoping a glut of Dlinemen do not get claimed 

Leonard Taylor has always had a lot of natural talent but couldn’t put it together at Miami but looked good in the preseason for the Jests (2.5 sacks and 4 TFL in the three games)

17 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Jets insiders are hoping a glut of Dlinemen do not get claimed 

If they expose Leonard Taylor he will get claimed.   5 star who dogged it in college thinking he'd just get picked in round 1 on talent alone.   Went undrafted.   His game fits the pro's.   Passed up $600K NIL deal to enter the draft.

Just now, LEBills said:

Leonard Taylor has always had a lot of natural talent but couldn’t put it together at Miami but looked good in the preseason for the Jests (2.5 sacks and 4 TFL in the three games)

He didn't try to put it together at Miami.   He was just playing not to get injured last season.   Mailed it in.  Gotta' keep a carrot in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1