"I've heard of him!!!" (put 'em here i.e.- Mike White, Ernest Jones IV, Denzel Mims, etc.)

One of the little inside jokes here in our community is that when a player with some name recognition becomes available (cut, waived, on the trade market, etc) a topic is inevitable created for that player (i.e. - Mike White).

The more jaded among us have denigrated such topics, particularly for players we think/know are washed up by posting "I've heard of him!" This implies that it's only casual, uninformed fans that start such topics and more knowledgable fans would never do so because ("we know") said player is a "has been" or "never was."

I figured we can put all these players in the same bucket.

There are currently topics for QB Mike White and for disgruntled LB Ernest Jones IV.

Here's another one we've all heard of... Denzel Mims... an elite and highly-drafted athlete who became expendable in part because the Jaguars signed Gabriel Davis as a free agent.

Mims' measurables are off the chats and hey... I've heard of him!!!

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/denzel-mims/32004d49-4d62-4399-5aee-b92ce1fc40e6

Please join the fun... or don't. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have heard of him!

Denzel Sims was among the 5 or so WR's I really liked in his draft class and hoped the Bills would have considered.

Because we have heard of him, we must sign him!

He has better hands than Scantling and is faster than Coleman. Thus, he must be an unpolished diamond.🤫

Edited by Wizard
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I get the joke buttttttt mims is actually a guy they should be interested in

Even a broken clock finds an acorn twice a day... or something about a squirrel...

Anyways I think so too... or maybe not...

I hope some of the expert posters here will validate my opinion.

Denzel Mims  6'3" 207 lbs     33 7/8" arms   9 3/8" hands

4.38 in the forty

1.51 10 yard split

38.5" vertical jump

10' 11" broad jump

2020 2nd Round pick (Jets, 27th overall)

🙃

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Even a broken clock finds an acorn twice a day... or something about a squirrel...

Anyways I think so too... or maybe not...

I hope some of the expert posters here will validate my opinion.

Denzel Mims  6'3" 207 lbs     33 7/8" arms   9 3/8" hands

4.38 in the forty

1.51 10 yard split

38.5" vertical jump

10' 11" broad jump

2020 2nd Round pick (Jets, 27th overall)

🙃

I get he was a stud in college and at the combine, but he had multiple chances to produce for actual NFL teams, including a good organization in Detroit, and he flamed out in every case. Last year, he couldn't make it off multiple teams' practice squads. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I get he was a stud in college and at the combine, but he had multiple chances to produce for actual NFL teams, including a good organization in Detroit, and he flamed out in every case. Last year, he couldn't make it off multiple teams' practice squads. 

Mims has bounced around more than a whoore at a truck stop. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

You didn't have to humiliate me in front of the entire community... a simple "wrong" would have been fine...

• Haha (+1) 7

"I've heard of Breeland Speaks."

Defensive end Breeland Speaks was a 2018 second-round pick by the Chiefs, but his best football has come in spring leagues.

He led the USFL in sacks last year and was named the defensive player of the year in the UFL earlier this year.

• Like (+1) 2

Out of the names that have surfaced so far, i'd be most interested in Dillon Johnson the RB from Washington who was cut by Carolina for a PS spot. Not advocating for Tommy Sweeney but if they need a 3rd TE there is some familiarity there with him and could see the Bills bringing him in to the PS or 3rd TE spot

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Out of the names that have surfaced so far, i'd be most interested in Dillon Johnson the RB from Washington who was cut by Carolina for a PS spot.

2 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I've heard of Max Duggan...

Confused Episode 12 GIF by Law & Order

I've never heard of these guys... 

😀