Bills cuts

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Eddy U isn’t some raw 7th rounder, though. We may be able to use him on special teams. 

Yeah, I like him as a prospect.

He hasn't done much in camp or preseason to scream "ready to contribute in year one", however.

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Deion Jones surprises me.  Guess he's this year's Christian Kirsey

Kersey was bit more surprising with all the churn the team had at LB last year.  Wasn't much faith in Bernard last August.    Likely only going to keep 4 DT's so you got the two starters and the 3rd round rookie, so only one spot left.  From things I'd read, the only way for him to make the team would be if they kept 5 DT's, but also 2 of the the DE's can slide inside, so again made keeping 5 less likely.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Kersey was bit more surprising with all the churn the team had at LB last year.  Wasn't much faith in Bernard last August. 

I had totally forgotten about that.

A lot of big-brained fans wanted to sit Bernard for Christian Kirksey last year.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I thought about Ulofoshio being the stash but he played in the last preseason game and was 2nd in tackles. I mean does the league care enough about it to investigate if he’s really injured 

There's always the "he toughed his way through the 2nd half but he really has a neck injury, and it won't be a quick one to recover from" a la Shane Buechele

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Deion Jones must have really sucked to get cut after Milano went down and having been a former Pro Bowler who has played at a high level when the Bills have not a whole lot after Bernard at the position.

Maybe he got there and later decided he did not want to be there and wanted to be cut as a kicker Bills drafted did.

20 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll see your CJ Ah-You and raise you a Chidi Ahanotu....

Carolina had a guy named DiCaprio Bootle.  I thought that was a real classic among the unusual names.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed, but I think in a lot of cases the player IS willing to go along with it.

I think some guys -- late rounders, in particular -- would rather be stashed for a year, collect their pay, and then get a fresh start in year two with a playbook and coaching staff they already know, vs hitting free agency and taking the risk that no other team signs them.

"Oh no, I collect a full base salary, get a full year of offseason conditioning and working with coaches to have a better shot next year!, where I can make even more money if I just hold even."

It's not a bad deal for a rookie.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hey @Simon. Do you want to merge the two cut threads? I did open mine about two hours before this one was, but I couldn’t care less who gets the front page.

I can do that and pin it if you like.

Just be forewarned that a couple of squeaky wheels are likely to give you grief if your initial post in the thread isn't regularly updated.

I just don't want to put that onus on you if you don't want to deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Simon pinned this topic

I know it’s a long shot but I really hope Gore makes the team. How much better is Ty Johnson than Gore? This guy was running the ball behind the back up Oline too. I can’t imagine Ty Johnson ever mattering but I can see a scenario where Gore becomes a really good RB. Take our Chances with the young guy. You can go and get another Ty Johnson off the scrap heap anytime you want.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know it’s a long shot but I really hope Gore makes the team. How much better is Ty Johnson than Gore? This guy was running the ball behind the back up Oline too. I can’t imagine Ty Johnson ever mattering but I can see a scenario where Gore becomes a really good RB. Take our Chances with the young guy. You can go and get another Ty Johnson off the scrap heap anytime you want.

Ty Johnson would feel really terrible reading that. Did you consider his feelings once while writing these truly hurtful words?!!

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills have always kept 1 LB as a strictly PS type guy.  If those jobs have moved into another position, I could see a chance they only keep 5

with someone on the PS that can come back during the season.

But that's because they had a hidden extra LB stashed away on the couch - AJ Klein.

Now the secret's out, so they may have to change that strategy.