Bills cuts

49 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I get what you are saying.  Hardy seemed more productive in the preseason games I watched.

But you also need to keep in mind that we traded for the CB/Returner from the Jets.  Keeping Hardy too would have given us 8 cornerbacks, versus 4 defensive ends.

This is definitely something I believe that Brandon Beane needs to consider in future drafts.

Every spring he seems to prioritize draft capital (10 picks last year, 8 next year).  Then he struggles to keep his picks on the roster when cut day comes along.  We seem to lose a member of our draft class every year to other teams.

Compared to other top NFL teams, the Bills have a very deep roster... but they also seem to lack impact/superstars.  Look at us against the Chiefs, 49ers, etc.  It's very possible this is a byproduct of Beane prioritizing quantity over quality.  

If Beane can consistently find solid players on Day 2-3 of the draft (only to later be forced to cut them)... then why not use some of those resources to move-up in the 1st Round and get a better prospect?  

Like you said and I agree, depth doesn't mean squat if your depth guys are scrubs. Besides 17, this team has no star.  It totally is a "quanity over quality" format and it's destroying any chance Josh has at going after a SB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

So all of that hubbub about guys and no one gets claimed  nor do we claim anyone. Doesn’t mean we didn’t try tho 

True.

At least we will see who they wanted to keep for the PS and IF they go hunting some other players from around the league.

1 minute ago, balln said:

They suck. Carolina is not a team I’m looking as the talent evaluator measuring stick 

That was the starting defense vs Dinucci. They will not be good on defense.  Likey, number 1 pick again.  Average at best everywhere on offense and bad on defense.  

1 minute ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Dick back in the garage. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Toohill played 14 snaps this preaseason. He didn't make the team based on his preseason performance, he made the team based on his pre-Bills career.

Toohill, Dawuane Smoot, Austin Johnson, Nicholas Morrow, Mack Hollins, and Mike Edwards were the veterans brought in to solidify the roster. In years past it was guys like Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson.

And Toohill is more proven and likely better than Kingsley Jonathan.

True, and he's better at ST than Jonathan though not convinced Jonathan isn't the better pass rusher.  Still surprised me a little.  May also be the case the front office is convinced they can get Jonathan onto the PS where as Toohill may not want to join PS

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JP51 said:

I fully expect him to be elevated before the end of the season. Injuries happen and I think he gets a call up at some point. 

Sir, this is Ray Davis team now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Bummer, looks like Hamler died.

Definitely have to weigh the pros and cons before deciding to join the Practice Dead squad 😛 

Happy to have Hamler back in the fold though :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2