Bills cuts

1 hour ago, finn said:

We should remember that this board (myself included) thinks that cutting Harty and keeping Toohill was a mistake. Let's revisit the move later in the year. I've long suspected that the consensus view here turns out to be right a lot more than it's wrong.

No they just keep repeating same drool.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ahh the end of summer. Cooler nights, days a little shorter, pre-season games done, and TBD fans losing their SHT over the release of CB6 or RB5. Love it!

Hardy was drafted as a returner, that came from McDs mouth. He was meh at best. McD doesn’t like bad decisions and Hardy made a bunch the first 2 games. Also, McD is a DB whisperer. You can question a lot about McD, you can’t question his judgement or coaching of DBs. Yeah, Hardy looked like he had some potential on the outside when he was projected as a slot. He wasn’t close to unseating Lewis or Ingram on the depth chart. Cordington has much better tape as a returner, that’s why he’s here. I suspect Hardy will make the practice squad as we tend to over value our bottom of the roster players and many teams do the same with theirs.

Toohill is the 53rd man on the roster and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the next couple days as we make moves.

Evans was the better RB for our offense than Gore Jr which is why they put him on IR to stash him. Gore Jr will not get picked up on waivers and probably end up on our PS.

Andreesen is a great story and I think he’s got real potential. He showed more natural instincts than Edmunds did in 5 years. He will be a special teams demon to give him time to develop as a LB. Hope he makes a true Buffalo story for us.

Where are all the people who said MVS was getting cut?? He was a roster lock the day he was signed. They will keep him inactive or quiet until mid season. Beane wants to unleash him to make or get through the playoffs since so many of our players disappear come crunch time.

Milano being designated to return is a good indicator he may be back for the final push / playoffs.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Ahh the end of summer. Cooler nights, days a little shorter, pre-season games done, and TBD fans losing their SHT over the release of CB6 or RB5. Love it!

Hardy was drafted as a returner, that came from McDs mouth. He was meh at best. McD doesn’t like bad decisions and Hardy made a bunch the first 2 games. Also, McD is a DB whisperer. You can question a lot about McD, you can’t question his judgement or coaching of DBs. Yeah, Hardy looked like he had some potential on the outside when he was projected as a slot. He wasn’t close to unseating Lewis or Ingram on the depth chart. Cordington has much better tape as a returner, that’s why he’s here. I suspect Hardy will make the practice squad as we tend to over value our bottom of the roster players and many teams do the same with theirs.

Toohill is the 53rd man on the roster and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the next couple days as we make moves.

Evans was the better RB for our offense than Gore Jr which is why they put him on IR to stash him. Gore Jr will not get picked up on waivers and probably end up on our PS.

Andreesen is a great story and I think he’s got real potential. He showed more natural instincts than Edmunds did in 5 years. He will be a special teams demon to give him time to develop as a LB. Hope he makes a true Buffalo story for us.

Where are all the people who said MVS was getting cut?? He was a roster lock the day he was signed. They will keep him inactive or quiet until mid season. Beane wants to unleash him to make or get through the playoffs since so many of our players disappear come crunch time.

Milano being designated to return is a good indicator he may be back for the final push / playoffs.

Ya I'm wrong about a ton of things but I never understood the "MVS is getting cut argument".

His contract has void years on it and it would have taken an absolute disaster for him to get cut.

And it's not like the competition behind him was good, it was god awful

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The Current 53 -

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Mitch Trubisky #11

RB:
James Cook #4
Ray Davis #22
Ty Johnson #26
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Keon Coleman #0
Curtis Samuel #1
Khalil Shakir #10
Mack Hollins #13
Marquez Valdes-Scantling #81

TE: 
Dalton Kincaid #86
Dawson Knox #88
Quintin Morris #85

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
David Edwards #76
Connor McGovern #66
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
Sedrick Van Pran-Granger #62
Ryan Van Demark #74
Alec Anderson #70
Tylan Grable #68

DE: 
Von Miller #40
Greg Rousseau #50
AJ Epenesa #57
Dawuane Smoot #94
Javon Solomon #56
Casey Toohill #95

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
Daquan Jones #92
DeWayne Carter #90
Austin Johnson #98

LB:
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
Edefuan Ulofoshio #48
Joe Andreeseen #41
Nicholas Morrow #52
Baylon Spector #54

CB:
Rasul Douglas #31
Christian Benford #47
Taron Johnson #7
Kaiir Elam #5
Ja'Marcus Ingram #46
Brandon Codrington

S:
Cole Bishop #24
Mike Edwards #21
Taylor Rapp #9
Cam Lewis #33 
Damar Hamlin #3

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69

27 defense and 23 offense...  Interesting .

Congrats to Reid Ferguson for finally making the cut!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Surprise NFL Roster Cuts

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/surprise-nfl-roster-cuts-2024/

Buffalo Bills | WR Tyrell Shavers

Shavers impressed throughout training camp, earning praise for Bills head coach Sean McDermott and quarterback Josh Allen. A 2023 UDFA out of San Diego State, Shavers spent his rookie season on Buffalo’s practice squad.

While he only hauled in four catches for 28 yards this preseason, Shavers looked like a favorite for a roster spot with the Bills, especially with veteran pass catchers Curtis Samuel and Marquez Valdes-Scantling dealing with injuries. If he clears waivers, Shavers will probably find his way back to Buffalo’s taxi squad.

I want to find a DB named Jack so when Bills have DB move into run stuff formation they can call it  Jack-in-the-Box formation.

image.png.7e9c0585e710d28bee03d5f8859185a3.png

Jack in the Box from Astro City Comic.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder how different this thread would be if the carolina qb didn't short arm the throw when Hardy blew the coverage.  Should have been a long td but the throw was poor.  

I was also surprised by the cut however if he is truly injured I expect fully he will be re-signed.

I also expect/think a couple of guys (maybe toohill and morrow) are cut for a couple of claims.

On 8/25/2024 at 2:48 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

First time opening a thread. What better place to start?

post the rumors and confirmed cuts here.

Confirmed:

Anthony Brown

Damiere Byrd

Deion Jones

Kevin Jarvis

Rondell Bothroyd

Shayne Simon

Kyron Brown

Ben DiNucci

Tyrell Shavers

Kareem Jackson

Justin Shorter

OL Mike Edwards

Gunner Britton

Xavier Johnson 

Eli Ankou

La’ell Collins

Kendall Williamson

Andy Isabella

KJ Hamler

Gable Steveson

Kingsley Jonathan

Keni-H Lovely

Frank Gore Jr

Richard Gouraige

Kameron Cline

Wow, I thought one of Shavers or Hamler would make it.  They must be very confident in MVS and Samuel.

For people saying that we’re overreacting to cuts to the end of the roster, nobody is upset about that. We were just hoping against hope that the regime had a plan at WR and now that we know that they are rolling with Shakir, rookie Coleman, and a bunch of JAGs we’re just lashing out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Wow, I thought one of Shavers or Hamler would make it.  They must be very confident in MVS and Samuel.

OR, they just don’t really know what they’re doing, and another year of Allen’s prime will be wasted.

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

OR, they just don’t really know what they’re doing, and another year of Allen’s prime will be wasted.

I'm sorry, I meant "confident that Samuel and MVS will be ready to play week 1"

If you're going on the point that the Bills haven't given Allen enough weapons at WR, I don't disagree, but do you really see Shavers and Hamler as difference makers there?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

For people saying that we’re overreacting to cuts to the end of the roster, nobody is upset about that. We were just hoping against hope that the regime had a plan at WR and now that we know that they are rolling with Shakir, rookie Coleman, and a bunch of JAGs we’re just lashing out. 

This^

just expect more for the best QB in franchise history instead of getting that extra veteran LB or DE as per usual 

26 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Live pic of MVS unleashed

how-to-make-dog-cone-more-comfortable.jp

Cone of shame, 🤣

• Like (+1) 1