Bills cuts

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

That's a weird one.  What did he do in camp to make the team?

Toohill has at least had decent production in the league - Jonathan has a little upside, but not enough to pick him over a proven decent rotational end.  I could have gone either way, but I understand why they went with the more proven commodity.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I heard Justin Shorters name when he was drafted and then seemingly never again. Was he hurt this whole time? 

Knew that pick was a bust . What a waste of a 5th beane 

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Def interesting.  Wondering if they have their eye on someone, Evans would be cut at that point.

But then why use a designate to return spot on him? Especially if the rumour that Hardy is hurt is correct? Why not protect a rookie? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Joe Marino stated on his podcast today that he has seen absolutely nothing from Twohill on tape that would suggest that the Bills would keep him.

Go figure.

Marino is a mixed bag.  He was convinced the Bills would re-sign Edmunds, hated the Terrell Bernard pick, and even hated the Dorian Williams pick.  Not sure I'd lock it in on whatever he says.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Coleman said:

I think I would have kept Davidson over Morris and Johnathan over Toohill. I think Morris is at his peak and not much there. I didn’t see Toohill do anything this camp. 

Davidson and Morris are different skill sets. If anything, I was hearing they would have kept McKitty over Davidson.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They just traded for another Rookie KR/CB in Brandon Codrington. If they liked what they saw out of Hardy, they wouldn't have made that move. That was obviously a swap out move. For him to come back on the 53, we'd have to keep 7 CB's or cut Ja'Marcus Ingram. I don't see it.

Forget his kick returning. He looked great playing outside CB. Showed a real knack for zone transitions and got his hands on a lot of passes. Now I'll admit I did not happen to dive into Brandon Codrington film so maybe he's shown out too, but our own draft pick that we've spent the offseason developing performs as well as he has at a premium position and we just toss him to the curb? I am not one to get hung up on roster cuts but this one makes zero sense to me.

• Agree 6

23 minutes ago, DJB said:

Should have kept Hardy who was a really good player. Injuries happen and nothing wrong with solid depth. 

My guess is that Hardy was drafted 90% for his return abilities, and they just weren't impressed with that aspect of his game.

Yes, he looked good as a Cornerback in the preseason.  But the Bills already have Rasul Douglas, Christian Benford and Taron Johnson as starters, Kaiir Elam itching to get on the field and another promising youngster in Jamarcus Ingram.

They probably value a guy who will actually play this season (as a returner), over a guy who would be the #5 outside guy the entire year.

Hopefully they can bring him back to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Coleman said:

I think I would have kept Davidson over Morris and Johnathan over Toohill. I think Morris is at his peak and not much there. I didn’t see Toohill do anything this camp. 

Agree on Toohill disagree on Morris.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is. That isn't opinion it is a fact.

Lots of people think McDermott rules the roost since he came first, but I would imagine he has great  input, but Beane has to consider everything including cap implications. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, mjt328 said:

My guess is that Hardy was drafted 90% for his return abilities, and they just weren't impressed with that aspect of his game.

Yes, he looked good as a Cornerback in the preseason.  But the Bills already have Rasul Douglas, Christian Benford and Taron Johnson as starters, Kaiir Elam itching to get on the field and another promising youngster in Jamarcus Ingram.

They probably value a guy who will actually play this season (as a returner), over a guy who would be the #5 outside guy the entire year.

Hopefully they can bring him back to the practice squad.

McD said earlier this Summer, Hardy was drafted for his KR/PR abilities.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Davidson and Morris are different skill sets. If anything, I was hearing they would have kept McKitty over Davidson.

I like Mckitty too. Is Morris that great of a blocker to overrule these others??? I never paid that great of attention to that…

Just now, Allen2Coleman said:

Lots of people think McDermott rules the roost since he came first, but I would imagine he has great  input, but Beane has to consider everything including cap implications. 

Except Pegula and Beane have both said publicly that the final call on the 53 is Beane's and I have spoken to two people who worked in that building, one a coach, on a personnel guy and both said the same - Beane takes the calls, no doubt about it. Do I believe he and McDermott are almost always aligned? Sure. But the accountability for the 53 is on the GM.

People can think what they like but they are making up narratives in their heads.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2