Bills cuts

1 minute ago, Lost said:

I dunno man, I usually view JA through rose tinted glasses but I literally just got done rewatching the week 17 game againts the pats from last season.   I don't know what kind of mental funk he seems to get himself into but it seems to happen a few games every year where he just looks out of it.  I don't think we can afford those types of games this season.  

Josh's stat line.

ja_pats_wk17.gif

Beats me. He looks a lot slimmer this summer though so maybe he's over whatever that Diggs drama was. 

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The hardy cut is strange to me, seemed to play well in the preseason 

“ really ? All I do is intercept the ball and make big plays in the playoffs and can’t sniff the starting lineup.. GTFOH with that Hardy nonsense “

- Kaiir Elam

• Like (+1) 1

It won’t surprise me if more moves and trades are made.  I could see Toohill and a pick or two moved for a WR.  Hardy will perhaps get resigned once he clears wavers.  The practice squad should be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is almost zero chance Hardy doesn’t get claimed.  This was a mistake.

If he really is injured though, not sure how many teams would be willing to waste a roster spot on him 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Codrington took Hardy's roster spot.

A surprise given how well Hardy showed on defense, but...there's a surprise roster cut just about every year. 

A fair point. Hardy was a 6th round pick, so it shouldn't be that surprising that he was released.

19 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I’m surprised they didn’t keep Jonathan over Toohill. 

People talk about Jonathan like he's the next Bruce or at least Jerry Hughes.  He looks more like a Shaq Lawson type with less get up.  The coaches watch these guys every day in practice.  They know who they want from the start of training camp.  For what its worth I liked Branson Dean.  Thought he made a whole lot of plays against the Panthers.  And I liked Deon Cain.  But they were basically just filling space until cut down day.  

Have to trust McBeane that they know what they are doing.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Only thing I can think is that as Hardy walked towards the x-ray room after the game he sought out McDermott and kicked him square in the nuts. That's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

I bet he'll be back. I doubt he gets claimed, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Only thing I can think is that as Hardy walked towards the x-ray room after the game he sought out McDermott and kicked him square in the nuts. That's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

Squeaky McDermott holds a grudge, I tell ya.

Quite honestly, for as little as we saw starters this preseason, I think the coaches put a lot on what they saw in practice.   We only saw the preseason games...which doesn't tell you an awful lot when you are playing mostly backups.  For example, Andreessen looked incredible when he played with other starters vs Pittsburgh.  He wasn't as notable vs the Panthers when we played no starters.  He was simply one of the best among the worst.  I'll keep my faith in the coaching staff and their evaluations.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow I do not understand the Hardy thing at all. Unless he's their wait in the parking lot cut to place someone else on IR and then re-sign him?

They just traded for another Rookie KR/CB in Brandon Codrington. If they liked what they saw out of Hardy, they wouldn't have made that move.

For him to come back on the 53, we'd have to keep 7 CB's or cut Ja'Marcus Ingram. Possible, but I don't see it. To me trading for Codrington was a swap out move.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1