Bills cuts

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

But if cut him and replace him with another player your cost for the season goes from 1 mill to just keep him to 1.75 to cut and replace him.

We can afford 750k. It isn't a reason to keep a bad vet.

• Agree 1

So who is the kick/punt returner now? I know he got injured but I thought Hardy was pretty good as a returner and also as a corner.  I woulda thought he would have gotten the IR tag over a running back we dont need.

Edit: I see now we made a trade with the Jets.  Still, I think Hardy was worth keeping.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

So who is the kick/punt returner now? I know he got injured but I thought Hardy was pretty good as a returner and also as a corner.  I woulda thought he would have gotten the IR tag over a running back we dont need.

The Jets player we traded for I'd assume.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

They traded for a returner today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Codrington took Hardy's roster spot.

A surprise given how well Hardy showed on defense, but...there's a surprise roster cut just about every year. 

Crazy. Dude shows out for you all offseason and ...Boom, I'll take that dude that the Jets don't want instead.  Brutal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Please check the quarterback position again, thanks 

I dunno man, I usually view JA through rose tinted glasses but I literally just got done rewatching the week 17 game againts the pats from last season.   I don't know what kind of mental funk he seems to get himself into but it seems to happen a few games every year where he just looks out of it.  I don't think we can afford those types of games this season.  

Josh's stat line.

ja_pats_wk17.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Codrington took Hardy's roster spot.

A surprise given how well Hardy showed on defense, but...there's a surprise roster cut just about every year. 

He must have done something wrong behind the scenes.  

Besides Collins and his $1.5 mill dead cap hit, the biggest dead cap on the waived or released players were 287K Clapp, 138K Hardy, 100k Britton and 90K Gore.

• Thank you (+1) 1