Bills cuts

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just noticed like a night and day difference when Evans was out there. I found Evans to be a lot quicker with better cuts and speed. If they PS one of them, I felt like Evans looked better of the two.

I don't care for Evans because he's constantly dancing and giving the jab step trying to break a run long rather than taking what's there. Yes he's faster and quicker, I just don't care for the running style because it doesn't translate when the speed of the game turns up in the regular season. He's a 4A guy like Jonathan for me.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He played pretty well for the Eagles last year and they signed him as soon as free agency opened so they must like him as a nice depth piece.  I'd take him over Andreeson or Spector.

No. He really didn't. 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

So Dion Cain, who the BIlls signed exactly two weeks ago as a camp replacement, has actually made the team. Fantastic. 

Cain is able...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They said the same about his dad. Frank isn't gonna win with size or speed. He is going to win with the fact he knows how to play, doesn't miss gaps and gets the maximum out of every run. He is a better bet than Ty Johnson IMO. But Ty plays teams and that matters for a 3rd back.

At RB, knowledge of the game can only get you so far.  You need strength or speed, ideally both.  I'll be happy to eat crow if he develops into something great, and it's a nice story, but I just don't see the path. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

To me, Fred would put his foot in the ground and would cut and hit the hole hard. I just thought gore didn’t have that and he also didn’t have the wiggle of the others on the roster. And he is not exactly a power guy either. I could be wrong (as I often am), but I just don’t see it. 

Just remember, you didn't see Fred until he was 26-27 years old. Gore is 22. 

I dont know that he's got 4-5 years to marinate and bounce around the USFL which is the modern equivalent of what Fred did in Europe. This is why I say if he has the heart. Fred would not be denied. Gore has a hard road no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They said the same about his dad. Frank isn't gonna win with size or speed. He is going to win with the fact he knows how to play, doesn't miss gaps and gets the maximum out of every run. He is a better bet than Ty Johnson IMO. But Ty plays teams and that matters for a 3rd back.

I'm with you on the upside with Johnson.  But I think he might be a Brady guy.  IIRC he became more involved last year after Dorsey left.  And, he has the speed to run the toss fairly well, which we saw now and again at the end of last year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ty Johnson is also the better RB on offense….

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Swap of late round picks two drafts from now.  LOL.  So we basically got him for nothing.

Too late in the claim order, had to secure the return man with, supposedly, Hardy hurt

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, eball said:

I love that it appears Solomon has made this team.  An exciting young EDGE with speed, bend, and powerful hands.

Same. I like what Kingsley Johnathan was doing but Solomon is price controlled. Von Miller would need a career season to not be a cap casualty in 2025 so I want a proto-Jerry Hughes in the pipeline