Bills cuts

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I doubt Gouraige clears.   I thought he played well last year.  

On the practice squad?  Pretty sure any team could have signed him at any point last year.

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Just now, Punching Bag said:

800 of them?  Seems exaggeration to prove a point which means the point is dull.

Just about every team has a fringe RB that fans didn't want to cut. Most of them go to the PS. They rarely work out. It does happen, but it's rare.

Evans is a former 3rd round pick who was also productive and has better physical skills and can return kicks. I don't care for his running style personally, but if a team were shopping for a RB today, Evans probably gets claimed first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He's probably a good PS candidate, but yeah I don't see the upside nearly as much as everyone else. 

Agreed. I actually don’t think Gore is even a PS at this point.  I like the story of Gore, but he plays really slow out there, and strikes me as a plodder without the power. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. I actually don’t think Gore is even a PS at this point.  I like the story of Gore, but he plays really slow out there, and strikes me as a plodder without the power. 

He's got wiggle.  I think he needs a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program.  He's definitely PS material, and maybe rosterable in the near future. 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough.  Although he doesn't  good high end speed, I though Gore had quick lateral moves and made speedy decisions.   

He will hit the hole that's there and go north and south. There is value to that but he needs to hone the rest of his game.

Fred Jackson will always be the comparison. Not big, not fast, not shifty. RAS would have hated him. Played super hard and gave you everything he had and did his job. It took him a LONG time to get a shot though. That's Gore's path of he's going to make it because he can't really change the physical gifts, or lack of.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough.  Although he doesn't  good high end speed, I though Gore had quick lateral moves and made speedy decisions.   

I just noticed like a night and day difference when Evans was out there. I found Evans to be a lot quicker with better cuts and speed. If they PS one of them, I felt like Evans looked better of the two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

With Shavers and Shorter being cut, I believe only Shakir, Gabe Davis and Coleman are the only WR’s drafted by the Bills under Beane’s tenure to make the roster. 

You could do the same exercise with WR free agents too I bet...Diggs, Beasley, Brown, Sanders, Crowder, McK, Harty, Sherfield, Roberts, Jordan Matthews, K Benjamin, Kerley and many more. 

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

He will hit the hole that's there and go north and south. There is value to that but he needs to hone the rest of his game.

Fred Jackson will always be the comparison. Not big, not fast, not shifty. RAS would have hated him. Played super hard and gave you everything he had and did his job. It took him a LONG time to get a shot though. That's Gore's path of he's going to make it because he can't really change the physical gifts, or lack of.

To me, Fred would put his foot in the ground and would cut and hit the hole hard. I just thought gore didn’t have that and he also didn’t have the wiggle of the others on the roster. And he is not exactly a power guy either. I could be wrong (as I often am), but I just don’t see it. 

27 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He can against 3rd string dudes, sure. He's one of the worst RB athletic prospects this year. His vision is good but that's about where it ends. 

They said the same about his dad. Frank isn't gonna win with size or speed. He is going to win with the fact he knows how to play, doesn't miss gaps and gets the maximum out of every run. He is a better bet than Ty Johnson IMO. But Ty plays teams and that matters for a 3rd back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1