Bills cuts

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

This seems hard to believe.

It wouldn’t surprise me on Edwards. Keeping 11 DBs seemed like overkill. I thought they would do it until they could trade one but maybe they did try to move Edwards with no takers

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I don't have the games remembered. All I can say is that when I saw him play, he did not look like a liability.

I don't think he has a single NFL start. He has some spot duty and some 6th lineman stuff.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You know the upside? He can play ball. 

He is the reason Beane needs to stop wasting Day 2 and high Day 3 picks on RBs.  You can find a guy like Gore Jr. in the $1 CD bin.  God forbid both Cook and Davis got hurt, they'd probably be almost just as fine with Gore Jr.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You know the upside? He can play ball. 

He can against 3rd string dudes, sure. He's one of the worst RB athletic prospects this year. His vision is good but that's about where it ends. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

If his name was Frank Smith instead of Gore Bills fans wouldn’t have this much hype for him . 

I can agree that it's not an immediate need at a position rich in prospects and young players. But it has nothing to do with his name. His name could be Willy Wonka and it would not change the fact he played well this preseason. 

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He's probably a good PS candidate, but yeah I don't see the upside nearly as much as everyone else. 

He has the Fred Jackson path. He's not special in any measurable way. Does he have Fred's heart is the question.

That, and can he learn to pass block?

Just now, Bruffalo said:

He can against 3rd string dudes, sure. He's one of the worst RB athletic prospects this year. His vision is good but that's about where it ends. 

No chance anyone tries to sign Gore Jr off the PS.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

I hate that MVS is going to make it after doing nothing at all this preseason. Guess they needed a new Mr. drop after Gabe left 

Politics. By all accounts Shavers had the better camp, but they kept the bigger name - even if that guy is prone to drops.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Kingsley Jonathan entered camp penciled in making this team but got surpassed.  It has to be his run defense because he does look like he has pass rushing potential.  

I don't like players whose names are in the wrong order.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Ah man, i was rooting for Gore Jr., but i get it.   Maybe this won't be the last time we see him here.  Who knows?

Weirdly, I'm not rooting for anyone.  They may all be equally great kids who 'deserve' a chance to fulfill their dreams and earn a spot on an NFL roster.  

I'm just curious about how Beane is building the roster.  I'm happy for the young men who make the final 53 and sad for the ones who don't.   

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He can provide that from the practice squad. 

He played pretty well for the Eagles last year and they signed him as soon as free agency opened so they must like him as a nice depth piece.  I'd take him over Andreeson or Spector.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Solomon played the run pretty well. 

I love that it appears Solomon has made this team.  An exciting young EDGE with speed, bend, and powerful hands.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Jonathan is a player who will hover around the bottom of a roster until he gets tired of doing it. He's the equivalent of a AAAA baseball player. Too good for AAA, not quite good enough to stick in the majors but good enough to play occasionally and occasionally do a little something. Always a guy you're trying to upgrade from though.

• Like (+1) 5