Bills cuts

1 minute ago, Logic said:

From that list, give me Andreesen and Spector.

Jonathan just doesn't do it for me. The rest are practice squad guys.

I really feel good about getting Spector on the PS, Davidson not so much. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

So Dion Cain, who the BIlls signed exactly two weeks ago as a camp replacement, has actually made the team. Fantastic. 

Hope so... watched him closely in the PS games... it all looked great from here. Btw... it's Deon... Dion was a different guy.

Edited by T&C

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Incredible story for the young man. Transitioned to OT very late in his college career, was extremely rough around the edges on his technique, but came in and took Kromer's coaching and worked hard and transformed himself into a really nice developmental prospect. He has truly earned his spot on the roster.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Incredible story for the young man. Transitioned to OT very late in his college career, was extremely rough around the edges on his technique, but came in and took Kromer's coaching and worked hard and transformed himself into a really nice developmental prospect. He has truly earned his spot on the roster.

Agreed.

I'm used to seeing these late round OT projects not amount to much. Tommy Doyle, Luke Tenuta, etc.

Grable looks like a completely different story. I thought he mostly looked awesome in the preseason. The rare developmental guy who genuinely looks like he could become a starter -- or at least a quality swing tackle -- a year or two down the line.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was kind of hoping Hamler would make it. He offers some explosivity and quickness that no one else on our roster really has.

Damn.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on the PS or after Week 1 when his contract is not guaranteed for 17 weeks (or however the heck that works), which is not a bad strategy for a guy that has dealt with as many injuries as he has.

That's my hope anyways. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was kind of hoping Hamler would make it. He offers some explosivity and quickness that no one else on our roster really has.

Damn.

Likely practice squad or resigned after IR. He is CS insurance...maybe between the two of them we will get a whole season.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Why? I didn't think he played well at all

He was fine besides the one play anyone noticed him when he got bulrushed on one rep in the 3rd preseason game. He has position versatility. If the Bills keep 10 OL he’s the guy but I think they keep 9 

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

I'm used to seeing these late round OT projects not amount to much. Tommy Doyle, Luke Tenuta, etc.

Grable looks like a completely different story. I thought he mostly looked awesome in the preseason. The rare developmental guy who genuinely looks like he could become a starter -- or at least a quality swing tackle -- a year or two down the line.

Doyle's problem has been injuries. He has shown that he can be a solid-to-good OT in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He was fine besides the one play anyone noticed him when he got bulrushed on one rep in the 3rd preseason game. He has position versatility. If the Bills keep 10 OL he’s the guy but I think they keep 9 

I'm certainly not going back to rewatch PS games but I'm fairly sure he took a couple penalties as well.