Bills cuts

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I know it is completely irrelevant, but can somebody explain to me what is to point of saying "per source" at the end of this tweet (and not just this tweet)?

I mean if she doesn't say specific source than what is the point? It is clear that she is not stating her opinion.

I am just wondering if this has some special meaning unknown to me (some kind of legal protection or so), or it is redundant nonsense as I suspect.

i always think how cool it would be to have been able to make a preseason roster even when cut for final rosters. these guys were the guys who were superstars and now legends while in high school. these guys were legit starters in college, some from huge programs with jaw dropping stats. these are guys that would dominate most any of us in any sport you could think of... and they're not good enough to be one of the top 1,700 in the world in football.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I know it is completely irrelevant, but can somebody explain to me what is to point of saying "per source" at the end of this tweet (and not just this tweet)?

I mean if she doesn't say specific source than what is the point? It is clear that she is not stating her opinion.

I am just wondering if this has some special meaning unknown to me (some kind of legal protection or so), or it is redundant nonsense as I suspect.

It just means they are reporting second-hand and are not directly privy to the interactions of involved parties.

To show they aren't making it up, so they don't get the source in trouble for putting it out before the club

My guess is the source is that player’s agent.  This gets the info out there that your client is available before the 4pm deadline.  That’s a 6 hour head start in finding a new opportunity.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Shavers got manhandled as a gunner on the one play they highlighted him....

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The team is just obsessed with wasting roster spots on STs and we aren’t even good at it

Fans are obsessed with 5th 6th and 7th WR who might be "weapons"

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I'm a little surprised about Kareem Jackson, thought he showed well at an injury riddled position

If they sign him after week 1 his salary would not be guaranteed, as a vested vet it would be guaranteed if he is on the roster week 1...........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

i always think how cool it would be to have been able to make a preseason roster even when cut for final rosters. these guys were the guys who were superstars and now legends while in high school. these guys were legit starters in college, some from huge programs with jaw dropping stats. these are guys that would dominate most any of us in any sport you could think of... and they're not good enough to be one of the top 1,700 in the world in football.

I always like this guy’s videos. It’s always a little sad to see how the best recruits in the country sometimes never even end up drafted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Shavers got manhandled as a gunner on the one play they highlighted him....

Fans are obsessed with 5th 6th and 7th WR who might be "weapons"

If they sign him after week 1 his salary would not be guaranteed, as a vested vet it would be guaranteed if he is on the roster week 1...........

So, you’re saying that Terry is cheap?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

So, you’re saying that Terry is cheap?

Nope, just that there are a lot of factors and the 53 today is just the 53 today, it will change dozens of times throughout the season and there are many reasons for that including cap considerations.

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Nope, just that there are a lot of factors and the 53 today is just the 53 today, it will change dozens of times throughout the season and there are many reasons for that including cap considerations.

I was kidding 

41 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Tim Patrick and Hamler are good friends and ex-teammates in Denver. Shorter and Shavers gone. I bet with all the tweets out there about Tim Patrick that the Bills are one of those teams hot on his trail! He would be a good pickup and better than MVS and Hollins instantly. I have no proff but this would be a gimme trade for us and I bet Beane is on it.

Man I hope you’re right. 

• Like (+1) 1