Bills cuts

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Joe Marino is saying a source told him Daequan Hardy has an injury that might keep him out the first few weeks of the season... He speculates that could lead to Hamler making the roster as the punt returner.

Ouch.  That kid has been impressive.

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The team is just obsessed with wasting roster spots on STs and we aren’t even good at it

You might be right….but shavers IS a special teams guy

29 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

But Beane would never do what the TBD message board asks. I'm beginning to think he's trolling us 😅 

/s

/s means you think he is smart for never doing what TBD message board asks correct?

I was not aware TBD message board was AI; I thought it was AU (Artificial Unintelligence not gold)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed and understood, but like most been very unimpressed with Trubisky this summer. 

I am always surprised when I see a physically healthy player regress in their twenties. It just reinforces the importance of the games mental aspect. Trubisky has gone downhill in that department since his last stint on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He started very well. From those I speak to he faded later into camp and his pre-season games were no bueno. 

Interesting.  It's guys like Shavers that are hyped up in camp and then when he gets cut everyone is triggered.  But the reality is, the 6th receiver or whatever are not gonna be the difference between the Bills getting to the playoffs or not.  There are WR's getting released today across the league who are better than Shavers.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

/s means you think he is smart for never doing what TBD message board asks correct?

I was not aware TBD message board was AI; I thought it was AU (Artificial Unintelligence not gold)

Oh, no. I meant the sarcasm in relation to how some posters think that Beane actually gives a hot flying fig about this board. 

Just now, zow2 said:

Interesting.  It's guys like Shavers that are hyped up in camp and then when he gets cut everyone is triggered.  But the reality is, the 6th receiver or whatever are not gonna be the difference between the Bills getting to the playoffs or not.  There are WR's getting released today across the league who are better than Shavers.

shavers failure to haul that TD in Saturday highlighted the limitations of his athletic ability. I saw it as very similar to catches sherfield should have made against kc in the playoffs last year that could have easily won the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think most of day today for Bills is getting in touch with agents who may have more than one client on cut list, determine if they have interest coming back to PS and Bills telling them their priority getting player on it and settling any injury concerns.  When players are released the agent trickles name to sports writer who will put his name in some sort of post rather than just part of a list.

Didn't really think Shavers was a 53 man player - especially given the presence of Coleman, Hollins and MVS, but it's a reminder of how tough this day is for so many.. thinking back to his interview where he said he viewed Sunday's game as his Super Bowl.  Rough business.