Bills cuts

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know it’s a long shot but I really hope Gore makes the team. How much better is Ty Johnson than Gore? This guy was running the ball behind the back up Oline too. I can’t imagine Ty Johnson ever mattering but I can see a scenario where Gore becomes a really good RB. Take our Chances with the young guy. You can go and get another Ty Johnson off the scrap heap anytime you want.

I am with you on this. Ty Johnson is a total JAG, I'd take my chances on the younger guy. It feels like Johnson might be factoring into the kick return battle though which would tilt the thinking. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

On 8/25/2024 at 7:57 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Haven't they done this the last two years?

Yes. I bet he gets a nice bonus for "taking one for the team."

On 8/25/2024 at 11:43 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

I actually posted and ran. Had a wedding reception to attend today 

Plan better next time. Or you'll be the next cut!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I would take Zach Wilson in a second. Plenty of good potential with him. Not his fault that he got drafted by the Jets.

As a bonus, his mom and his mom's best friend come with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

DiNucci is gone already? Not sure what they wanted to see from him but apparently they didn’t see it. Oh well, he’ll be able to tell his grandkids that he started in an NFL game. 

I’m assume they only want two QBs on roster and they ain’t cutting Trubisky 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

DiNucci is gone already? Not sure what they wanted to see from him but apparently they didn’t see it. Oh well, he’ll be able to tell his grandkids that he started in an NFL game. 

DiNucci is more selling his "brand" than football these days and he got some visibility.  

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’m assume they only want two QBs on roster and they ain’t cutting Trubisky 

I’m sure you’re correct but it’s just one more example of how utterly meaningless preseason has become …and how the NFL has to increase the roster size. We couldn’t even get out of ONE practice game without our quarterback going down. 

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Shavers IS a special teams guy. 

Exactly lol...I promise you in four years or so he's the guy we'll keep in that Gunner God role and we'll cut some ***** young receiver to the howls and consternation of TDB

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

My guess is they only keep 5 receivers then. Thought Shavers would have been WR6.

I would say there's a slim chance they keep Hamler, because he fills the McKenzie (backup) role. Essentially, he would be the Samuel backup. 

I fear you're right, though: We keep five, one or two get plucked in waivers, two starters go down in the first three weeks, then Beane is left scrambling and scrapheap-picking... That's my nightmare scenario. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1