Bills cuts

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I wonder why the Bills chose to announce this group of players so early?  

IIRC the NFLPA was behind this single later cutdown.  It makes sense in one respect in that without players needing to be cut earlier, they get more reps to display their talents.

On the other hand, you have over 1,000 players being cut at once, making the task of finding another team difficult and chaotic.  The agents really earn their money now.

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, but now you're responsible for continually updating your first post of the thread by maintaining a timely list of all the Bills cuts so that the info is available on page one. :devil:

He’s not fulfilling his responsibility!  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

First time opening a thread. What better place to start?

post the rumors and confirmed cuts here.

Confirmed:

Anthony Brown

Damiere Byrd

Deion Jones

Kevin Jarvis

Rondell Bothroyd

Shayne Simon

Kyron Brown

Deion Jones must have really sucked to get cut after Milano went down and having been a former Pro Bowler who has played at a high level when the Bills have not a whole lot after Bernard at the position.

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm sure they're also waiting out to see if there's a guy they want comes available it might impact who they keep too.

The worst feeling in the world...make the initial cut out of camp only to be cut when they pick up someone else who got cut from another team.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LEBills said:

I thought if they made the final 53 you could IR them and designate them to return. If not then maybe they do that for Frank Gore Jr if they think he will be picked up off waivers and want to keep him

You can and you don't have to designate. You only have to pre-designate for the two you IR on cutdown day. Once a player makes the 53 he can be IR'd and then he just becomes one of your potential 8 returns you are allowed during the course of the year but you don't have to decide that at the point he is IR'd whereas you do with the pre-cut ones.

7 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Disagree with the Deion Jones cut for unproven/overblown commodities. 

Deion Jones is totally washed. He has been terrible in pre-season. He was a great player 8 years ago. It is not 8 years ago now.

6 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Past performance. A force to only be rivaled by "I loved him in the draft" in producing outsized message board love.

I loved him in the draft and thought he was freaking awesome his first 4 or 5 years in the league. But as I said when we signed him: there is a reason he has been cut / not re-signed 3 times in the last two years. He's toast.

8 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Spector isn’t getting cut. Core ST who’s a veteran and knows the system . The Bills need the depth with Milano out. I’m not hating on the idea of Andreessen I had him on the roster after the 2nd preseason game but when breaking it down if he makes it he’ll be probably the last guy. 

Why do you have Morrow making it? He hasn't played a snap in the pre-season was with the 3s all the way through camp.... he is the mystery to me. I have 5 staying:

Bernard, Williams, Spector (so long as healthy), Ulofoshio, Andreessen. 

Morrow or Jones or some other pound a penny vet on the practice squad. 

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

While this is possible and feasible. If Spector goes to IR their depth chart is then Bernard and Williams with two rookies who have never played an NFL game including one of the rookies being undrafted and the other a 5th round pick who was injured during cap. The veteran would be Morrow who also was injured and would be the primary backup. That’s not ideal. 

If they IR Spector, I would think they are going to sign a veteran LB to the 53 man. 

Except they didn't last year. They went with young guys and put Kirksey and then Klein on the PS. I expect them to do the same. That level of vet is seriously easy to find and the practice squad rules now allow you to just stick them there. 

Morrow should be cut IMO. I don't know why he hasn't played a snap in pre-season but when a guy is with the 3s in camp then doesn't get on the field its usually a bad sign. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

mistake letting brown walk. we have a serious backup qb problem... Saw more out of that dude who signed on tuesday than we did 3 games with the other bums... 

I thought De Nucci looked decent after the 1st rough week.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

mistake letting brown walk. we have a serious backup qb problem... Saw more out of that dude who signed on tuesday than we did 3 games with the other bums... 

Maybe they like DiNucci more?

Edited by CSBill

13 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

Yeah, unfortunately Payton said they’re keeping all 3 QBs.  Stidham would’ve been a good pickup.

• Vomit 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why do you have Morrow making it? He hasn't played a snap in the pre-season was with the 3s all the way through camp.... he is the mystery to me. I have 5 staying:

Bernard, Williams, Spector (so long as healthy), Ulofoshio, Andreessen. 

Morrow or Jones or some other pound a penny vet on the practice squad. 

Except they didn't last year. They went with young guys and put Kirksey and then Klein on the PS. I expect them to do the same. That level of vet is seriously easy to find and the practice squad rules now allow you to just stick them there. 

Morrow should be cut IMO. I don't know why he hasn't played a snap in pre-season but when a guy is with the 3s in camp then doesn't get on the field its usually a bad sign. 

Because they need another veteran in the room. They won’t feel comfortable playing Andreessen and Ulofoshio in real games, Williams is not proven yet, and Spector is hurt. I’ve said it in numerous other posts that it wouldn’t surprise me if they sign a vet. I can’t project who they will pick up so Morrow fits that role as of now 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Because they need another veteran in the room. They won’t feel comfortable playing Andreessen and Ulofoshio in real games, Williams is not proven yet, and Spector is hurt. I’ve said it in numerous other posts that it wouldn’t surprise me if they sign a vet. I can’t project who they will pick up so Morrow fits that role as of now 

I was right there a year ago and then they didn't do it. Granted they had Milano healthy and they had Dodson who had at least been around a bit (though hadn't played much) but you can still have the vet in the room without needing to roster them because of the rules now. Use the 53 to protect your young guys, the practice squad rules make it really easy to have a vet in the room and to elevate them if a guy goes down. I just think vet middle linebackers are kinda ten to the dollar. I expect they will go the way they did last year again and go with the young guys and put a vet on the PS. If they had a vet who was clearly in their best 5 that's different. But they don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Always mixed emotion on cut down day, excited to see what the roster turns out to be... then the oh you made it but we picked someone up on waivers so now your out... to the resigning of the practice squad folks and all that... but I cant help but feel for those guys whose dreams are about to get smacked as they are sent on their way as Chuck Noll used to say... "To get on with their lives work".... all the best to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1