Bills cuts

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

The point was Andreessen isn’t making it over Ulofoshio. If they keep 6 can he make it sure. If someone goes to IR from the LB corps can he make it possible but less likely imo. His best path to be honest is if they decide to keep 9 DL or trade a DB but all 11 DBs are more valuable than keeping Andreessen at this point 

Yea EU is making the team, think Spector may go to IR. Think Andreessen makes it initially in his spot

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The point was Andreessen isn’t making it over Ulofoshio. If they keep 6 can he make it sure. If someone goes to IR from the LB corps can he make it possible but less likely imo. His best path to be honest is if they decide to keep 9 DL or trade a DB but all 11 DBs are more valuable than keeping Andreessen at this point 

Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Eddy U and Buffalo Joe made it over Spector. That said, Bills kept 6 LBers last year, I wouldn’t be shocked if they kept all 6 on the roster. 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I wouldn’t, they only have 6 IR call ups on the year, Bisky can just be game day inactive for a few weeks. 

Then we have to sign another QB to the PS and call them up every week but after 3 call ups we can't do it anymore, I don't like idea of wasting a roster spot on a 3rd QB.

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Yea EU is making the team, think Spector may go to IR. Think Andreessen makes it initially in his spot

That would make the most sense. 

• Agree 1

IR for a calf? They only have 6 IR return spots, if it’s not a 4+ week long injury I don’t know they waste the spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Eddy U and Buffalo Joe made it over Spector. That said, Bills kept 6 LBers last year, I wouldn’t be shocked if they kept all 6 on the roster. 

Spector isn’t getting cut. Core ST who’s a veteran and knows the system . The Bills need the depth with Milano out. I’m not hating on the idea of Andreessen I had him on the roster after the 2nd preseason game but when breaking it down if he makes it he’ll be probably the last guy. 

30 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Surprised by Deion Jones getting released. I thought he might start - or at least split playing time - in place of Milano. 

Regarding Jones, was listening to Locked on Bills a couple days ago and he said don’t be surprised if Jones is cut then immediately resigned depending on how we handle Milano. I forgot how that whole thing works, but I know we see teams doing it every year at end of the pre season (cutting and immediate resigning of a vet after another vet is placed on IR)

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

IR for a calf? They only have 6 IR return spots, if it’s not a 4+ week long injury I don’t know they waste the spot. 

I believe it’s 8 return spots available for the season but I could have that wrong. If they want to keep Andreessen and think he will get claimed that is probably the best way. Let chronically injured Spector get fully healthy.

I believe it’s 8 return spots available for the season but I could have that wrong. If they want to keep Andreessen and think he will get claimed that is probably the best way. Let chronically injured Spector get fully healthy.

It is 8 but only during the regular season. The Bills can only designate 2 at 53 cutdowns 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

To give them a chance to explore other teams interest sooner than later.

Then why not announce all the cuts and give them all the same opportunity?  Is it basically these guy suck the worst and they don’t plan to PS them?

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Then why not announce all the cuts and give them all the same opportunity?  Is it basically these guy suck the worst and they don’t plan to PS them?

I'm sure they're also waiting out to see if there's a guy they want comes available it might impact who they keep too.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Have you ever been hijacked before?  My sister went on a cruise around the Greek islands and were warned about pirates being a very real threat in some areas. 

Ahh, one more thing the Greek Isles and TwoBillsDrive have in common.  

:)

Initial thread became a joke thread and was diverted not hijacked.

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I remember watching interview with player who was cut and he said he his agent had a clause put in contract that if he was to be cut prior to formation of 53 they would cut him first to give him a better chance elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DeltaDigital said:

mistake letting brown walk. we have a serious backup qb problem... Saw more out of that dude who signed on tuesday than we did 3 games with the other bums... 

If Trubisky is healthy and the Bills don't decide he's garbage, DiNucci probably gets signed to the PS.  He had a strong game against the Panthers.  If Trubisky can't go or the Bills decide the fans are right about Trubisky (he's garbage).  The Bills could name DiNucci as their backup or look for someone with more NFL experience.  If DiNucci is named backup, I could see Brown signed to the PS.  He wasn't terrible versus Carolina.  I could also se Buffalo looking hard at the waiver wire.  There will be some interesting QBs available.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It is 8 but only during the regular season. The Bills can only designate 2 at 53 cutdowns 

yea the obvious thing if they want to IR a third player is to cut Reid Furgeson (2500 dollar cap hit) have the player make the roster, then IR and resign Ferguson. So Milano and Morris out of the gate probably, then if they wanted to they could IR MVS or Spector.