Bills cuts

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Deion Jones has been awful that is not surprising and I don’t think it’s an indicator that Andreessen is being kept

Agree. It increases the odds. But it isn't guarantee. Jones was an EASY cut IMO. He sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love how even if the guys we bring in aren’t fully developed they all have the physical tools (like Shane Simon) or if they don’t have the physical tools the have the skill to contribute at a starter level (like Daquan Hardy).

Beane makes guys in the 5-7th round or UDFAs look like day one or two picks. 

Love you Beane. 

and you know what my man McDermott keeps us from getting blown out and I hate getting blown out.

i am good to roll with what we got. I’d rather have this elite level of consistency with a shot that shake it up and the new coach can’t bring the same consistency.

• Like (+1) 1

Do they keep 2 QBs?  If they are unhappy with Trubisky or put him on IR, I could see them just keeping Josh and then once the 53 is set they could move someone else to IR or maybe more easily stash them on the practice squad and sign a backup from those who have been cut by other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think it's quite possible that Spector starts season on the IR.

That would put Andreesen as #5, for now

While this is possible and feasible. If Spector goes to IR their depth chart is then Bernard and Williams with two rookies who have never played an NFL game including one of the rookies being undrafted and the other a 5th round pick who was injured during cap. The veteran would be Morrow who also was injured and would be the primary backup. That’s not ideal. 

If they IR Spector, I would think they are going to sign a veteran LB to the 53 man. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

I suspect this means Buffalo Joe is safe (or they’re trading for the Rams LB).

My guess is that they may want Deon on the PS, did him a solid by getting him out of here early, and will consider bringing him back if he doesn't land elsewhere. I suspect they'd rather use him there and keep a four year cost-controlled player instead. 

8 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Do they keep 2 QBs?  If they are unhappy with Trubisky or put him on IR, I could see them just keeping Josh and then once the 53 is set they could move someone else to IR or maybe more easily stash them on the practice squad and sign a backup from those who have been cut by other teams.

You and I are thinking alike.  I'm not saying I think it's likely.  But it's not outside the realm, either. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

While this is possible and feasible. If Spector goes to IR their depth chart is then Bernard and Williams with two rookies who have never played an NFL game including one of the rookies being undrafted and the other a 5th round pick who was injured during cap. The veteran would be Morrow who also was injured and would be the primary backup. That’s not ideal. 

If they IR Spector, I would think they are going to sign a veteran LB to the 53 man. 

Morrow is on the roster as well, may be cleared up in 2 weeks.

Bernard

Williams

Morrow

Buffalo Joe 

Eddy U 

Spector 

Dion Jones on the squad. 

Don’t rule it out. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

My guess is that they may want Deon on the PS, did him a solid by getting him out of here early, and will consider bringing him back if he doesn't land elsewhere. I suspect they'd rather use him there and keep a four year cost-controlled player instead. 

You and I are thinking alike.  I'm not saying I think it's likely.  But it's not outside the realm, either. 

Agreed.  I remember the Patriots doing it a few years ago and if you don't have a backup that you like, I think it's a smart move...but they seem to like Trubisky too much.

39 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, but now you're responsible for continually updating your first post of the thread by maintaining a timely list of all the Bills cuts so that the info is available on page one. :devil:

This is why I said in my 1st post here. I'll never start a thread.

I lurked for 13 years, decided to join 6 years ago. 

Still not starting a thread, but I do enjoy making some comments, reading others wit/ wisdom & respect so many thread starters good or bad for the time they invest to making this board probably the best in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Morrow is on the roster as well, may be cleared up in 2 weeks.

Bernard

Williams

Morrow

Buffalo Joe 

Eddy U 

Spector 

Dion Jones on the squad. 

Don’t rule it out. 

Deion Jones was already cut and the posters point was If Spector goes on IR. So my whole post and point still stands 

59 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes 6th and 7th Rounders they have cut, Ulofoshio was a 5th round pick. Don't be blinded by the hometown hero hype and look at it from an organizational perspective. Ulofoshio would be claimed, I'm not sure Andreessen would be especially if they offered him a PS spot since hes from Buffalo .

Beane talked about it on show w/Tasker and Brown.  They have more depth at some positions and sometimes they need to look at that in position.

If Andreessen is cut and offered a position on another roster he would take it.  If it was another practice squad he likely would discuss chances and development ability with agent not necessarily stay in Buffalo.  His agent would tell him he needs more visibility if Bills choose not to put him on 53.

8 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Agreed.  I remember the Patriots doing it a few years ago and if you don't have a backup that you like, I think it's a smart move...but they seem to like Trubisky too much.

If Trubisky expected out more than 3 weeks I'd IR him.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

Beane talked about it on show w/Tasker and Brown.  They have more depth at some positions and sometimes they need to look at that in position.

If Andreessen is cut and offered a position on another roster he would take it.  If it was another practice squad he likely would discuss chances and development ability with agent not necessarily stay in Buffalo.  His agent would tell him he needs more visibility if Bills choose not to put him on 53.

The point was Andreessen isn’t making it over Ulofoshio. If they keep 6 can he make it sure. If someone goes to IR from the LB corps can he make it possible but less likely imo. His best path to be honest is if they decide to keep 9 DL or trade a DB but all 11 DBs are more valuable than keeping Andreessen at this point