Robert Horry is unreal!

Pete

If your basis for hating Kobe Bryant is simply that he cheated on his wife, I wonder how you can stomach watching professional sports at all.

362570[/snapback]

Bart, I agree with all your points. Just to clarify though, I don't think John "hates" Kobe at all.

Bart, I agree with all your points.  Just to clarify though, I don't think John "hates" Kobe at all.

362576[/snapback]

Oh I know man. He loves him. I realize I worded that kind of awkwardly, it was more of a general "you" not him.

Thanks though.....i'm gonna fix it :blink:

not signing autographs < rape

therefore

Horry > Therapist # 8

362543[/snapback]

Just for the record....

It has NEVER been proven that Kobe raped the mentally unstable cocaine addict in Colorado....as far as I am concerned when she refused to take the stand and face him then it proved he DIDN'T do it....because the law is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GIULTY........so the above does not hold water

But I can tell you that Robert Horry's attitude away from the court flat out sucks....because I have seen that firsthand.....

and no....if BOTH were true then one would not equal the other.....

Great article Pete. Simmons is the best writer on that site. Always makes good points.

Loved this one:

In a league loaded with guys who believe they're better than they actually are, Horry understands his own strengths and limitations better than anyone. That's what makes him so great. And that's why I like the poker analogy for him. He's the guy sitting at the table with a towering stack of chips, the guy who never chases a bad hand, the guy who makes your heart pound when he's staring you down. You never remember the hands he lost, but you always remember the ones he won. And when he finally cashes out and gets up from the table, you hope you never have to see him again.