Robert Horry is unreal!

Pete

Horry is the most clutch performer I have ever seen in any sport- all the guy does is win championships and hit big shots! It seems just about every NBA final Horry is in it with a different team being his clutch self. Unfugginbeleivable

The man is money. He may not be much of a player the rest of the season, but the man has made as many clutch shots as anyone I can think of.

Horry is the most clutch performer I have ever seen in any sport-  all the guy does is win championships and hit big shots!  It seems just about every NBA final Horry is in it with a different team being his clutch self.  Unfugginbeleivable

362087[/snapback]

The only thing nearly as cool as how well he played tonight is how humble he was in the post-game interview.

"It's just a game. I'm just trying to have fun."

"It's all about being a good teammate."

Horry is amazing.

The guy is so cool under pressure. That was a great game after how abysmal the first four were.

But really, Detroit blew it. I called that last play to my Dad. And said they'd try to get Horry a 3 cause he was on fire. And what does Rasheed do? Goes to double Ginobli leaving the red hot Horry wide open. What did he expect to happen?

Horry is such a clutch role player. He just oozes so much confidence when the game's on the line. I love the fact he can raise his game. Notice all 21 of his pts came from the end of the 3rd qtr on. He made all the big plays. That is remarkable. Especially that lefthanded dunk.

P.S. BF... I wouldn't say Detroit's done. But the way this game went, I definitely think whoever won it was going to win the series because of the momentum.

Plus I can't see the Spurs blowing two on their home court. But I wouldn't be shocked if the defending champs show some true heart and push it seven.

NAH NAH NAH NAH, NAH NAH NAH NAH, HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE DETROIT!!!!!

It's over for the PISStons!!!!

FINALLY!

362093[/snapback]

Did you see the "Zen Master's" (Phil Jackson) commercial BF?

The guy in the Memphis shirt reminds me of you.

I think Phil said...

"He who crows the loudest often eats the most crow."

There are still games to play. SA only lost 3 at home all season, I don't see Detroit pulling it of but, who knows?

I repeat, there are still games to be played!

:(

The only thing nearly as cool as how well he played tonight is how humble he was in the post-game interview.

"It's just a game.  I'm just trying to have fun."

"It's all about being a good teammate."

Horry is amazing.

362091[/snapback]

Pretty easy to say when you got one ring for each finger.

To him it is just a game, he has attained everything.

If he was any other way, I would be shocked.

Still... What a great guy!

Horry is very clutch. He should've been co-MVP of the Finals when my Rockets swept the Magic years back (Rockets are still the only team to defend their title w/ a sweep, if I recall correctly). That was a great shot he hit last night.

P.S. BF... I wouldn't say Detroit's done. But the way this game went, I definitely think whoever won it was going to win the series because of the momentum.

Plus I can't see the Spurs blowing two on their home court. But I wouldn't be shocked if the defending champs show some true heart and push it seven.

362113[/snapback]

I think for the most part, a basketball series is over if the road team doesn't win 1 of the first 2 in the 2-3-2 format. Until the Pistons did it last year, nobody had ever swept the middle 3 games at home. That's tough enough - and even if you do that - you still have to close out the other team at their place. Tough deal. I think I'd like the Spurs chances even if they had lost last night.

I think for the most part, a basketball series is over if the road team doesn't win 1 of the first 2 in the 2-3-2 format.  Until the Pistons did it last year, nobody had ever swept the middle 3 games at home.  That's tough enough - and even if you do that - you still have to close out the other team at their place.  Tough deal.  I think I'd like the Spurs chances even if they had lost last night.

362157[/snapback]

i hate the 2-3-2 format...its too easy to give and get momentum swings...yes both sides can use it to their advantage, but in a 2-2 series, it gives the lesser team the advantage for game 5, when the better team should have it like a 2-2-1-1-1...and it makes it very difficult for a team in detroits position to have to win the final 2 games on the road...game 7 on the road in tough enough, let alone win games 6 and 7 on the road...

Robert Horry is great.  What he did to those PISSton fans last night was superb.  Ripped their hearts right out.

362344[/snapback]

:blink:

no...not really...my heart is still beating just fine...BF you have succeeded in further solidifying yourself as a buffoon.

Pretty easy to say when you got one ring for each finger.

To him it is just a game, he has attained everything.

If he was any other way, I would be shocked.

Still... What a great guy!

362119[/snapback]

And that folks....this is exactly what I am talking about.

Another player (who will remain nameless) has been referred to on this site as not only a scumbag....but the WORST scumbag in the NBA because he cheated on his wife and because someone alleged that they were raped but wouldnt take the stand to prove it.....

Robert Horry....because he can make money shots at opportune times (forget about the fact that he pretty much sucks at any other time) is a "great" guy

Just so you know...Robert Horry isn't a great guy.....in real life he doesn't really want to give the common fan the time of day....and while other "scumbags" will at least take the time to stop and sign a autograph for the kids....this guy acts like it is a friggen chore IF you can get him to do it at all.....

Still....it was a money shot

And that folks....this is exactly what I am talking about.

Another player (who will remain nameless) has been referred to on this site as not only a scumbag....but the WORST scumbag in the NBA because he cheated on his wife and because someone alleged that they were raped but wouldnt take the stand to prove it.....

Robert Horry....because he can make money shots at opportune times (forget about the fact that he pretty much sucks at any other time) is a "great" guy

Just so you know...Robert Horry isn't a great guy.....in real life he doesn't really want to give the common fan the time of day....and while other "scumbags" will at least take the time to stop and sign a autograph for the kids....this guy acts like it is a friggen chore IF you can get him to do it at all.....

362519[/snapback]

I'm just wondering what you think is worse, cheating on your wife or not giving a kid an autograph?

not signing autographs < rape

therefore

Horry > Therapist # 8

362543[/snapback]

Re: John,

I would be willing to bet that many here do not like Kobe (myself included) not simply because he is an adulterer and alleged rapist, but because of his perceived attitude. He drove apart a team that could have been "the team to beat" for another 3-4 years. His ego was so big that he couldn't even work with a coach that co-existed with the biggest ego of them all, MJ. Add that to his off-court troubles and you have an unpopular dude. Plus, he had that squeaky clean good guy image for so long that I think many people were just waiting for him to screw up and were happy when he did.

For people whose basis for hating Kobe Bryant is simply that he cheated on his wife, I wonder how you can stomach watching professional sports at all.

Re: Horry

He does have an amazing way of staying cool at the hottest of times. He is amazing in that regard. Calling him the greatest clutch player of all time is a little much in my opinion though.

Edited by BART at ND

Re: John,

I would be willing to be that many here do not like Kobe (myself included) not simply because he is an adulterer and alleged rapist, but because of his perceived attitude. He drove apart a team that could have been "the team to beat" for another 3-4 years. His ego was so big that he couldn't even work with a coach that co-existed with the biggest ego of them all, MJ. Add that to his off-court troubles and you have an unpopular dude. Plus, he had that squeaky clean good guy image for so long that I think many people were just waiting for him to screw up and were happy when he did.

If your basis for hating Kobe Bryant is simply that he cheated on his wife, I wonder how you can stomach watching professional sports at all.

Re: Horry

He does have an amazing way of staying cool at the hottest of times. He is amazing in that regard. Calling him the greatest clutch player of all time is a little much in my opinion though.

362570[/snapback]

just to clarify, i hated kobe long before the rape stuff even happend, and that just gave me more of a reason to hate him...

Hes at the top of my most hated athletes list along with tom brady and derek jeter