MENU -- Bills Home Opener Sunday September 8th -- ARIZONA CARDINALS -- What's on Your Plate?

3 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I know what country ribs are -- the meaty cut -- but why boneless?

They turn out better on my tailgate grill than bone in. I'm guessing it has everything to do with the higher fat content and lack of good temp control on a crappy portable grill.

• Like (+1) 1

Never been one to try to match my game day food to the opponent's region. I was planning on a pork shoulder in the crock pot. But yesterday I made a batch of jalapeno sausage, so tomorrow's crock will be filled with chili instead. Along with some genuine sourdough bread. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2024 at 12:41 AM, ProcessImproverMan said:

Rattlesnake is actually some pretty good eating....I had it fried up like popcorn shrimp style once......good times 

Rattlesnake is deceptively tasty and tender, and the only place I’ve ever had it was in Sedona and Flagstaff, but they weren’t making it for football

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, faderphreak said:

Rattlesnake is deceptively tasty and tender, and the only place I’ve ever had it was in Sedona and Flagstaff, but they weren’t making it for football

No rattlesnake to snare or buy up here.

Can I substitute eel?

• Haha (+1) 1

Creole Jambalaya.  Since the game comes on at noon here, it will be a Jambalaya brunch.

Why?  Because 1) I haven't made it in a while 2) our Kroger/Dillons deli department has a kick ass Andouille sausage and 3) when I was there yesterday, I got the last 3 links.

If you cook, The Big Man's method for making it is a must for your cooking tool box:

People used to stand in line for hours to get a taste of his cuisine, of which his Jambalaya was a large part.

Its still a Bills game, so a heavy dose of Franks is a necessity.  In the pot and on the side.

2 hours ago, CookieG said:

Creole Jambalaya.  Since the game comes on at noon here, it will be a Jambalaya brunch.

Why?  Because 1) I haven't made it in a while 2) our Kroger/Dillons deli department has a kick ass Andouille sausage and 3) when I was there yesterday, I got the last 3 links.

If you cook, The Big Man's method for making it is a must for your cooking tool box:

People used to stand in line for hours to get a taste of his cuisine, of which his Jambalaya was a large part.

Its still a Bills game, so a heavy dose of Franks is a necessity.  In the pot and on the side.

I believe he created the recipe for Turduckhen that John Madden would go on and on about every Thanksgiving.

In 2004, I made his recipe which then was a 14 page recipe for my family and guests numbering 22 peeps.

I wanted to bump it up so I wanted to use the biggest of each poultry that I could find.

Getting a 10 lb chicken (capon) is possible and so too is a 30 lb turkey but the obstacle is the size of the duck.

The largest one I could find was a 7 & 1/2 lb duck at the St Lawrence Market in Toronto.

A Nicaraguan who worked with me told me they have 15+ lb ducks in Nicaragua which was as helpful to me a breasts on a bull.

In any event, the final assembly barely fit in the oven and took 10+ hours to cook.

The purpose of the recipe was for Chef Paul to sell his spices.

I found those as well at the St Lawrence Market and only used half of the spices his recipe called for and it still blew the butts off my dinner guests.

Here is his recipe if you are interested...

https://www.magicseasoningblends.com/recipes/turducken/  

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

I'm just having my standard homemade hot wings, celery, and blue cheese.  It's possible my wife might make a homemade pizza as well.  It's decent. Not restaurant quality but definitely better than frozen.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Lol this is a surprisingly depressing menu thread

Doing the standard pizza and wings fare, but as another poster mentioned, it's chili season in Colorado/New Mexico so I'm also whipping up some homemade green chili to go with the SW theme. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it though. Maybe dip a wing in it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I appreciate many here have their own tailgate or home entertaining menus and don't theme the menu to the opposing team.

That's Kool!

For the others of us that like variety and theme the meal to team we are playing, what are you serving for the ARIZONA CARDINALS?

We only play the Cardinals once every 4 years (possibly once more given the now 17 game schedule) and I can't recall ever doing a themed menu for the Cardinals.

I know very little about Arizona.

Never been there.

Not sure what their signature dish would be.

Any ideas?

Sand and scorpions.  😂  🦂

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Python Snake Jerky is just going to leave a nasty bad ass taste in your mouth and make you feel like a damn Mongoose.

On the other hand, the Rocky Mountain Oyster Testicle Jerky is a BIG hit with Bronco fans after a couple bong hits.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Haha (+1) 2