MENU -- Bills Home Opener Sunday September 8th -- ARIZONA CARDINALS -- What's on Your Plate?

4 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Trader Joe's has started stocking Hatch Chiles lately. If they're still kicking around probably some sort of stuffed chile type situation with some meat/beans/rice. That or green chile cheeseburgers. Probably more New Mexico than Arizona, but close enough!

I would love to see more green chile find its way onto Buffalo restaurant menus, at least at the Mexican restaurants.  It's really good, and quite addictive.  Don't confuse green chile sauce with salsa verde or any type of chili.  It's my favorite culinary offering from the Southwest.   

• Like (+1) 1

Found 3 whole Halal 50% discounted whole chickens this morning.

So I said "Hella why NOT?".

Made some homemade Southwestern stylee marinate and those 3 Oversized Cardinals are in the back of the fridge waiting to be put on the rotisserie Sunday Morning.

Got a lb. & 1/2 of dried Pinto Beans soaking and will throw in a can of Black Eyed Peas, fresh tomatoes and red jalapenos from the garden along with some spices and bake them in the BBQ next to the spinning Uber Cardinals.

I will make some Dirty Red Rice with Chili Powder & Cumin and the meal is done.

• Like (+1) 2