MENU -- Bills Home Opener Sunday September 8th -- ARIZONA CARDINALS -- What's on Your Plate?

I appreciate many here have their own tailgate or home entertaining menus and don't theme the menu to the opposing team.

That's Kool!

For the others of us that like variety and theme the meal to team we are playing, what are you serving for the ARIZONA CARDINALS?

We only play the Cardinals once every 4 years (possibly once more given the now 17 game schedule) and I can't recall ever doing a themed menu for the Cardinals.

I know very little about Arizona.

Never been there.

Not sure what their signature dish would be.

Any ideas?

• Like (+1) 1

My two daughters (raised as Bills fans in the heart of Indiana), my almost son-in-law ( a converted Bills fan - a condition my daughter and I both insisted on), and my wife (see condition for son-in-law) will all be here.  Will be making my own beef on weck.  My younger daughter eats fish (no meat) so she does smoked salmon on weck and loves it.

• Like (+1) 5

I’ll cook sometimes just to burn some nervous energy, but then I’m often not hungry enough to eat it. I know it’s silly, but I can get a little anxious. I enjoy cooking for others, but if you are not there 100% focused on the Bills and the game, then you will begin to feel unwelcome. I’m not very subtle that way on game days. But I AM self-aware!  

I have been known to make beef on weck and grill some wings and carry it up the street to a neighbor from WNY. She STILL talks about those wings! 

It will probably just be whatever I can find at Wegman’s for the home opener. I’ll  do nachos at home a lot because it’s easy and simple to pick at. 

EDIT: To say I am not subtle if you are not there for the game is an understatement. It’s well known in the neighborhood, if my flag is flying, come focused or don’t come. This makes me feel worse about myself!  😂

But the people who bought our old house 4 doors up the street did get a giant Bills flag. They said the house needed that to stay healthy.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I appreciate many here have their own tailgate or home entertaining menus and don't theme the menu to the opposing team.

That's Kool!

For the others of us that like variety and theme the meal to team we are playing, what are you serving for the ARIZONA CARDINALS?

We only play the Cardinals once every 4 years (possibly once more given the now 17 game schedule) and I can't recall ever doing a themed menu for the Cardinals.

I know very little about Arizona.

Never been there.

Not sure what their signature dish would be.

Any ideas?

If you are looking for Arizona food, Maybe a Sonoran Dog (Tucson favorite)? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

• Like (+1) 1

I had my remaining upper teeth pulled a couple weeks ago because I need to have a full denture.  I don't get my impressions done for the denture until September 24.  Anything I eat has to be soft to begin with or chopped fine in a food processer.  So, the menu for the Cardinals game will be boring.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I had my remaining upper teeth pulled a couple weeks ago because I need to have a full denture.  I don't get my impressions done for the denture until September 24.  Anything I eat has to be soft to begin with or chopped fine in a food processer.  So, the menu for the Cardinals game will be boring.

dan aykroyd blender GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It looks like we are doing a burger bar. Our group size ranges quite a bit throughout the year (between 20ish up to 115ish). The home opener is always a big turnout. It becomes tricky to prepare and shop with that fluctuation. Looking like 50ish as of now. 

We landed on a burger bar. We will get a couple cases of burgers from Niagara Produce, brioche buns, bacon and 5 or 6 different cheeses. Still kicking around the sides. We will have dips, chips, vegetables, etc but still looking for the main side. One of the thoughts was to bring 3 or 4 air fryers and just keep cranking out fries. That feels like it’ll be too much work. Open to suggestions…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If you are looking for Arizona food, Maybe a Sonoran Dog (Tucson favorite)? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

A Sonoran Dog sounds interesting.

Pretty easy to make.

The bun is a mini French Baguette.

Perhaps a monster sized nachos which I can top with Salsa, rice and refriednpinto beans, queso, guac and fresh jalapeños, sweet peppers and tomatoes from the garden.

Lay them out before kick off and concentrate on the game.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

dan aykroyd blender GIF by Saturday Night Live

Boy! Now I miss those days…….TWICE!!!

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While we are on the menu topic this one is a home run:

https://www.smoking-meat.com/how-to-reverse-sear-smoked-ribeye-steaks

This is stupid of me, but I was sold on the photography. I guess it’s true, you eat with your eyes first. 

Now I’ll go read it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

A Sonoran Dog sounds interesting.

Pretty easy to make.

The bun is a mini French Baguette.

Perhaps a monster sized nachos which I can top with Salsa, rice and refriednpinto beans, queso, guac and fresh jalapeños, sweet peppers and tomatoes from the garden.

Lay them out before kick off and concentrate on the game.

Thanks.

sounds great. My wife got one of those dogs when we were in Tucson last year and it was great. I think that plus the Tex mex stuff sounds great! 

• Like (+1) 3

Not sure yet - I usually try to go w/ a theme centered around the opponent, so probably something southwestern.  Definitely some beer & vodka.

I know this isn't conveying much information - but I wanted to stop by this thread to just express how much I love football Sundays.  It's really a way of life.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1