Did you get the Sunday Ticket this year?

Steptide

Just purchased for the season, but only cuz I can still get a discount with my nephew being in school. Once he's done, I'm probably done with the ticket. $419 a season is just way too much. I was surprised how much it went up even with the student discount 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I did not for multiple reasons.

1. I am not paying $400 to watch sunday Bills games on TV.

2. We play 6 prime time games 

3. I expect some of the games on Sunday to be broadcast nationally 

4. I'm coming back to Buffalo for about 6 weeks in Sept

So I will only need Sunday ticket for 6 games im guessing,and divide that by the cost it's just not worth it IMO

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Much better deal to get NFL+ imho, where you can watch every game commercial free after it’s done, for a fraction of the price of the Ticket. Combined with how often we will be playing prime time games or other nationally broadcast games, seems like Ticket is not as must have as it used to be? 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

Yes. at first because I forgot to cancel my subscription from last year so I was auto renewed and they do NOT issue refunds. 

but then I realized since I live in Washington state and do not have digital cable it’s probably for the best anyway.

I honestly can't remember.  I usually buy it early but I can't remember if I already did. 

I will have to check.

Like others it's not a great deal. 6 national TV games,  probably another 1 or 2 that will be broadcast nationally,  and I will go to 2-3. Maybe if I haven't purchased yet I may talk myself out of it....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Just purchased for the season, but only cuz I can still get a discount with my nephew being in school. Once he's done, I'm probably done with the ticket. $419 a season is just way too much. I was surprised how much it went up even with the student discount 

I did.  Signed up for YouTube TV too.  I'll check it out.  I too will be able to do the student thing again through a friend whose son is

starting college next year.  It's a whole lot more money than I want to spend BUT..................it's worth it to watch all the games for the Bills

first Super Bowl victory season!

Second year without.

As others on here have said for years, there are other ways.

The NFL and its corporate greed has become more of a turnoff the older I get.

Coupled with the numerous national games and my low expectations, it isn’t worth it.

• Like (+1) 2

I should mention that I live in Rochester, so I don't buy it to watch the bills. I just enjoy being able to watch whatever game I want when the bills arnt playing. It's just getting to be too much at this point though. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

No, for the same reason as others.  At most I would need it for six games, so it's far cheaper (and more fun) to watch those games at the local Bills bar.

You must bar differently than I do if 6 times will cost you less than the price of Sunday Ticket.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Just keep finding students. Family friends, whatever. You don't have to be related. They never check.

With the Bills as the darlings of the NFL, they are on nationally or on local Boston TV enough that ST isn't worth it. I'll go to a sports bar for the 5-6 games not on and still spend half what ST costs.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not only did we do it, my wife insisted without me making a case for it lol.  We love football in this house, so not only are we watching Bills games and her Niners games, but we have 3 TVs on our living room wall to watch all the other games too.

To not get it means you either don't watch the games not on primetime or national broadcasts (which is not an option for us) or go out somewhere and watch the games, which is way more expensive.  If we went out for just 3 or 4 games during the season it would cost more than the package costs.  

So no brainer for us - $400 for 4+ months of family entertainment is a bargain...thats like $25 a week for up to 7 hours of Sunday daytime entertainment each week.  But again, we watch both the Bills and Niners here and we love to watch all the other games too.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s not worth it anymore with all the nationally televised games we get.  I have a streaming service I've been using for 5 years comes with all the sports packages.  

IPTV? 

I went to that.

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just keep finding students. Family friends, whatever. You don't have to be related. They never check.

With the Bills as the darlings of the NFL, they are on nationally or on local Boston TV enough that ST isn't worth it. I'll go to a sports bar for the 5-6 games not on and still spend half what ST costs.

They really are popular across the country, been told the games are always close and exciting and JA fun to watch!