MIKE WHITE

DC Grid

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Let’s create a thread for every backup QB being cut. Whichever thread has the most views, the Bills have to sign. Thank me later. 

Thing is though: it's a legit concern and we're now learning who is going to be cut. The dude has objectively played better than Trubisky the last 2 years. What's wrong with this thread? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Except that 1 game he wasn't lol

pretty sure it was 2 in a row.... and then he played the bills.  but for the record, the jets were technically still in the game prior to the Milano KO sack, and that's about as much as you can really ask for out of a backup QB imo

20 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Looking at spotrac his base this year is about $1M which is fine, but there's a $1.65M roster bonus that we might be on the hook for. 

Didn't realize this is final year of his rookie deal so no future commitment involved. Just seems like a lot for a QB3 and with our tight right cap situation.

Broncos already paid his roster bonus.

He would cost significantly less than Trubisky.

11 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Thing is though: it's a legit concern and we're now learning who is going to be cut. The dude has objectively played better than Trubisky the last 2 years. What's wrong with this thread? 

I don’t care one way or the other. I’m just here for the free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. 

He will probably want too much to be a backup. If you look at what Beane has done at the backup QB position, he has gone insanely cheap the last few years. When Mitch was here last time we only paid him $2 million for one season. This year we got him for around $1 million each of the next 2 years. Keenum was cheap. This year we bring in Dinnucci and Brown I think his name is. We could have had someone like Tannehill but he will probably cost about $6 or $7 million a season. Mike White I can see wanting around $4 or $5 million to be a backup. I don't think Beane wants to invest that money at the backup QB position 

Edited by Buffalo03

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Trubisky in a lock for the roster.  Right now, it's DiNucci to the PS.  If White (or others) want a path to the backup role it goes through the PS.

I think the injury complicates things. I can see them doing an IR/injury settlement with Mitch. He looks horrendous and the injury gives them

an out.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He will probably want too much to be a backup. If you look at what Beane has done at the backup QB position, he has gone insanely cheap the last few years. When Mitch was here last time we only paid him $2 million for one season. This year we got him for around $1 million each of the next 2 years. Keenum was cheap. This year we bring in Dinnucci and Brown I think his name is. We could have had some like Tannehill but he will probably cost about $6 or $7 million a season. Mike White I can see wanting around $4 or $5 million to be a backup. I don't think Beane wants to invest that money at the backup QB position 

$2M this year and $3.25M next year.  Just for accuracy sake.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21743/mitchell-trubisky

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think the injury complicates things. I can see them doing an IR/injury settlement with Mitch. He looks horrendous and the injury gives them

an out.

I guess it's a possibility, but I doubt it.  They'll keep him until he proves during the season he can't make it as backup.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’d be calling the Broncos and see what it would take to trade for Zach Wilson.

You're getting down voted, but Zach Wilson is clearly superior to Mike White. Mike White is just a guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Week 2 at Miami...I know they aren't gameplanning in detail yet, so no Lawyer Milloy impact, but likely some level of advantage in addition to improving our QB2 position.

However with other cuts coming up there might be even better options at QB2 if we are looking just at the player, and not the insider info.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

You're getting down voted, but Zach Wilson is clearly superior to Mike White. Mike White is just a guy.

I don’t get why teams love gambling on trubisky’s ceiling, but not Wilson’s? both guys were in awful situations to start their careers. I would really like to see Wilson be mentored by a QB whisperer type coach. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t get why teams love gambling on trubisky’s ceiling, but not Wilson’s? both guys were in awful situations to start their careers. I would really like to see Wilson be mentored by a QB whisperer type coach. 

He has a big arm. Can be very accurate. He is mobile. He seems like a guy who might be a resurgent QB a few years from now after he gets some of the mental things down.

• Agree 1