MIKE WHITE

DC Grid

29 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Only if the Broncos are willing to give us their 1st round pick to take Wilson off their hands.  I'd rather have Wilson the soccer ball than Zach Wilson.  

That is foolish. 

Zach has extreme upside. All the arm strength in the world, athleticism, and with the right coaching, can be an excellent backup.

It is why Payton, one of the best offensive minds in the game, traded for him. I also do not think he will let Zach leave. But it’s worth a phone call.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mighty Taco said:

If he’s not good enough for the jets or Miami, he’s not good enough for the Bills.  Unless your last name is Reich, a backup qb is insignificant.  Go Bills!   

This is bonkers logic.  So in theory whoever the best team in the league is can’t possibly improve by signing releases players.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That is foolish. 

Zach has extreme upside. All the arm strength in the world, athleticism, and with the right coaching, can be an excellent backup.

It is why Payton, one of the best offensive minds in the game, traded for him. I also do not think he will let Zach leave. But it’s worth a phone call.

He's gonna get cut, has been out of the starter competition for weeks 

39 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

He's gonna get cut, has been out of the starter competition for weeks 

I don’t think he will. But if he is, I’d be making a waiver claim for him if I were Beane.

I doubt they bring in someone that doesn't know the system.  I think the Bills hold their breath for the first two games and hope Allen doesn't get hurt while Trubisky recovers.  I think the Texans and Steelers all keep three QB's so Case Keenum/Kyle Allen is unlikely.

8 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I don't think a waiver makes sense with his high draft pick contract we'd have to pick up.  But I'd be open to a cheap contract if/when he cleared waivers

The Jets are paying half of his salary and taking on $8m of his cap space. It was part of the trade.

I don't think there is much of an upgrade out there than Mitch...so I am more like what ever with the backup spot.  If Allen goes down for a chunk or bulk of the season like Burrow did last year, I would rather see us lose all the time to get a premium high draft pick in every round next year to go along with our extra 2nd and 2 extra 4ths.  

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Jets are paying half of his salary and taking on $8m of his cap space. It was part of the trade.

Looking at spotrac his base this year is about $1M which is fine, but there's a $1.65M roster bonus that we might be on the hook for. 

Didn't realize this is final year of his rookie deal so no future commitment involved. Just seems like a lot for a QB3 and with our tight right cap situation.