MIKE WHITE

DC Grid

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

That is foolish. 

Zach has extreme upside. All the arm strength in the world, athleticism, and with the right coaching, can be an excellent backup.

It is why Payton, one of the best offensive minds in the game, traded for him. I also do not think he will let Zach leave. But it’s worth a phone call.

Zach Wilson is putting on a show right now on national TV.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MR8 said:

Was just creating this same post, I'll just put it here, you beat me to the punch.

Per schefter, Miami is releasing White to keep Thompson as their #2.

Sign him to be #2 and move on from the Trubisky experiment. White has way more upside and development potential than Mitchell who is a known quantity... And it ain't much. Where white showed some great flashes in NY in relief.

White is a former 5th round pick of the cowboys, played for NY Jests in 2021 & 2022 and has been on Miami for 1 season.

White sucks, has done less in his career, and is less than 1/2 a year younger than Mitch.  He has no upside at all.

People love to throw out how this back-up QB or that back-up QB looks especially in Pre-season, but the truth is how they play is a very small part of what a back-up QB does and unfortunately is the part the fans see - making us poor judges of back-up QBs historically.

Back-up QBs have to be sounding boards between the starter and the OC helping to identify and keep communication open.  The Back-up QB also works a lot on the sidelines during games to help the QB recognize packages and keep the starter calm and under control.  This is why you really want someone that is “friendly” with the starter - that opens up communication and allows the best dialogue.

Back-up QBs also work closely with the OC and the starter to diagnose film during the week as part of install of game plans and players with more experience are much better at this.  If he helps install and recognizes coverages - he is better at communicating that info from the OC to the starter and pointing out those things during the game.

His overall ability to win games comes in much lower because the real expectations are if you have to play him you are looking for 50% win percentage and usually a huge change to game plan - so I would rather see the Bills keep a guy that is comfortable with Josh and can help him during the week and on Sundays.

Would we love Mitch to play better - of course, but if he is doing the other things right that we as fans don’t see, but helps Josh be better on Sunday - then I would rather have him on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Trubisky is Polish for choke. I'd prefer Mike White. He's already played in the Jets and Dolphins locker rooms. On intelligence alone it's worth it 

Do you really think there's an advantage to be had?  I hear this all the time. It makes no sense to me. 

39 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Zach Wilson is putting on a show right now on national TV.

Wonder if there is any chance they keep him over Stidham…if not, he pretty much has to go on the practice squad, right?  Does the new rule protect the third QB from being signed by other teams?

10 hours ago, DC Grid said:

He’s being released by the Fins.  Sign him now Bean!  And cut all of the other QBs not named Josh.  

Plus Milano is out for a long time so he should be safe for awhile

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

White sucks, has done less in his career, and is less than 1/2 a year younger than Mitch.  He has no upside at all.

People love to throw out how this back-up QB or that back-up QB looks especially in Pre-season, but the truth is how they play is a very small part of what a back-up QB does and unfortunately is the part the fans see - making us poor judges of back-up QBs historically.

Back-up QBs have to be sounding boards between the starter and the OC helping to identify and keep communication open.  The Back-up QB also works a lot on the sidelines during games to help the QB recognize packages and keep the starter calm and under control.  This is why you really want someone that is “friendly” with the starter - that opens up communication and allows the best dialogue.

Back-up QBs also work closely with the OC and the starter to diagnose film during the week as part of install of game plans and players with more experience are much better at this.  If he helps install and recognizes coverages - he is better at communicating that info from the OC to the starter and pointing out those things during the game.

His overall ability to win games comes in much lower because the real expectations are if you have to play him you are looking for 50% win percentage and usually a huge change to game plan - so I would rather see the Bills keep a guy that is comfortable with Josh and can help him during the week and on Sundays.

Would we love Mitch to play better - of course, but if he is doing the other things right that we as fans don’t see, but helps Josh be better on Sunday - then I would rather have him on the team.

Sounds like Bills should convince QB Coach Davis Webb to unretire and become Bills backup QB - it is what he wanted all the time.

He did all of these:

• sounding boards between the starter and the OC
  • diagnose film during the week as part of install of game plans
  • comfortable with Josh and can help him during the week and on Sundays

He also organized practices showing leadership and lead scout teams.

The Bills will lose any game Josh doesn’t play in. 

The infatuation with the backup QB has always been some sort of weird kink for many Bills fans. 

But it’s ridiculous at this juncture. 

If Josh is out, the Bills will lose. Period. 

QB2 on this team is the most irrelevant roster spot in the league. 

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Bills will lose any game Josh doesn’t play in. 

The infatuation with the backup QB has always been some sort of weird kink for many Bills fans. 

But it’s ridiculous at this juncture. 

If Josh is out, the Bills will lose. Period. 

QB2 on this team is the most irrelevant roster spot in the league. 

Why are you double spacing?

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Wonder if there is any chance they keep him over Stidham…if not, he pretty much has to go on the practice squad, right?  Does the new rule protect the third QB from being signed by other teams?

No

18 hours ago, DC Grid said:

He’s being released by the Fins.  Sign him now Bean!  And cut all of the other QBs not named Josh.  

Mike White has a losing record, but another should consider himself as a backup now in Tannehill.  MT has a a slight winning record, and is still mobile at 36.  Given his age, he should be amenable to a reasonable contract and the pipe dream of him starting again is just a pipe dream.