Rams’ LB Ernest Jones IV wants a trade

Roundybout

Elam for Ernest Jones, who says no?

Rams lost Kendricks in July and are very thin at CB.  Bills have a huge need for LB. I honestly think Ingram is the Bills 3rd CB right now, and Hardy has shown some potential.  

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

I've never been high on Elam but Jones is looking for a high paid extension on top of being traded so for that reason I would say no to the deal. Milano can't be cut really until 2026 so we don't need two large LB contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Elam for Ernest Jones, who says no?

Rams lost Kendricks in July and are very thin at CB.  Bills have a huge need for LB. I honestly think Ingram is the Bills 3rd CB right now, and Hardy has shown some potential.  

Sal Carpaccio was speculating whether Buffalo could trade Kair Elam.  

His rationale was that Jamarcus Ingram has played well and could now be CB3 and Daequan Hardy has shown he can play on the outside.   

Personally I don’t think it happens because Elam would probably command a 4th round pick at best.  The way Beane values his draft picks, I can’t see him selling a 1st rounder for pennies on the dollar

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I've never been high on Elam but Jones is looking for a high paid extension on top of being traded so for that reason I would say no to the deal. Milano can't be cut really until 2026 so we don't need two large LB contracts.

You can let him walk after this year with zero dead money.  He is playing this year on his current deal.  You don't have to commit to him.  

Jones would be the starting LB next to Bernard this year.  A starting LB is more valuable than a 4th string CB

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

You can let him walk after this year with zero dead money.  He is playing this year on his current deal.  You don't have to commit to him.  

Jones would be the starting LB next to Bernard this year.  A starting LB is more valuable than a 4th string CB

He wants an extension thats the reason why he wants to be traded. I highly doubt someone is going to take him on without paying him.

18 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Sal Carpaccio was speculating whether Buffalo could trade Kair Elam.  

His rationale was that Jamarcus Ingram has played well and could now be CB3 and Daequan Hardy has shown he can play on the outside.   

Personally I don’t think it happens because Elam would probably command a 4th round pick at best.  The way Beane values his draft picks, I can’t see him selling a 1st rounder for pennies on the dollar

If Elam is our 3rd or 4th CB at this point, it doesn’t really matter if he was a 1st rounder now.  It’s a sunk cost.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If Elam is our 3rd or 4th CB at this point, it doesn’t really matter if he was a 1st rounder now.  It’s a sunk cost.

Sure but the difference is that even though he’s not starting, he’s finally playing closer to the level they envisioned him for him. 

If this was a Cody Ford situation, it would be different