Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-season game 3

GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the rumors about Darius Slayton being a trade possibility are true, I would offer Elam and a 5th. The Giants need CB help. Haven't heard any other WR trade buzz. But it seems unthinkable that this will be the group we'll be entering the season with.

That seems like an overpay on our part

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

I, too, am concerned about the WR corps. But remember that the Bills were in salary cap jail. They could not keep everyone and they could not spend big on a top quality WR. What are your thoughts on how the FO might have made the WR room better?

I think @GunnerBill pretty much nailed it with his post. Definitely better decision making in previous years. Personally, I would have been much more aggressive in this previous draft that was loaded with WR talent. I would have come out with 2. Coleman didn’t exactly move the needle for me either. 

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the rumors about Darius Slayton being a trade possibility are true, I would offer Elam and a 5th. The Giants need CB help. Haven't heard any other WR trade buzz. But it seems unthinkable that this will be the group we'll be entering the season with.

I'm not a fan of trading Elam but if it brought back slayton I could be convinced, he seems perfect to me for this offense and his speed outside is the missing piece.  He would take Hollins off the field completely by october.  Coleman, Shakir, Samuels and Slayton is respectable.  They all have a unique skill.  Coupled with this running game and this group of tight ends this would be a good group. 

the downside is slayton is looking for an extension and elam has time left after this year.  

I would love to see Beane get creative and do something like 

Elam and Chicago's 4 and a 2026 5 or 6 

for

Darius Slayton and Azeez Oljulari.   Oljulari is a better version of jonathan.

they both are in the last year of their deals and are looking for extensions however.

this will never happen but it would help both teams and the bills would not be giving up much here considering the way ingram and hardy have played.

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And then they’d have to pay him…

Yeah, and then what do you pay him? He’s a bit on Samuel’s level production wise, but will probably want more $? He’s had some injuries as well I believe. 

Just now, Maynard said:

Yeah, and then what do you pay him? He’s a bit on Samuel’s level production wise, but will probably want more $? He’s had some injuries as well I believe. 

if he fit in and I think he would he would not be that expensive and next year they have money available.

If they had him here all year and went into next year and drafted another wr in the first or second this group we be pretty good, a mix of veterans and young guys.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

More flashes from Tylan Grable in this game:

We might really have something here.

He has been freaking incredible for a rookie 6th rounder who has only plaued tackle for like 3 years. The last two seasons I have lived in a "we are a Dion Dawkins injury away from season over" world. I know it is only pre-season but I am much more relaxed about it this year. I am not generally a get carried away about day 3 rookies type. But I am excited. His run blocking still needs some work. He needs to fire off the ball a bit better and get downhill but he has been terrific in pass pro. He looks like a kid that could play right tackle next year if Spencer walks and then in 2/3 years as Dion ages out you could legit think about flipping him. I know, I know.... calm down. But man he has been impressive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1