2024 college football season

I should probably wait until the game is over to say this but Georgia is proving that they are still the best team in college football.  They've been the best team over the last four years.  I don't care about their struggle against Kentucky a few weeks ago.  For some reason, Bama almost always seems to have their number even when they are having more of a down year by Bama's standards.  Rewind the clock to last year, put Georgia against Michigan, I'm picking Georgia all day long.  If they don't have to go through Bama again, I will be stunned if anyone other than Georgia is hoisting the national championship trophy at the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did the bench Ewers and then bring him back? Such a weird game 

And then the kids throwing the bottles on the field in protest of the DPI call and it actually worked 

Think they were looking for a bit of injection as they were completely flat. Manning didn’t play much better in the 2 drives prior to the half but they did move the ball with his legs. 

Never seen a call be overturned due to protest from the fans lol

Causing a delay of game on a questionable call might be more of a common place after last night’s success. 

Overall, Georgia defense looked dominant. 

On 10/19/2024 at 7:54 PM, Sojourner said:

Said in another post, DeBoer is done there unless he goes 5-0 to end the season.

No.

In 2007, Saban's first year at Bama, they went 6-6, that included losing the last 4 games of year with losses to Miss St, Auburn (a 6th straight loss), and Louisiana-Monroe.

I am not saying DeBoer is going to be Bamas HC long term, or he is going to win multiple NC, but this one year is not going to decide his fate at UA.

The one disturbing trend I do see under KD is the lack of team discipline. That needs to change.

5 minutes ago, Cynical said:

No.

In 2007, Saban's first year at Bama, they went 6-6, that included losing the last 4 games of year with losses to Miss St, Auburn (a 6th straight loss), and Louisiana-Monroe.

I am not saying DeBoer is going to be Bamas HC long term, or he is going to win multiple NC, but this one year is not going to decide his fate at UA.

The one disturbing trend I do see under KD is the lack of team discipline. That needs to change.

You might be right, might be jumping the gun a little bit either way his seat is on fire right now. 

But the difference back then was when Saban took over they had no quality players the years prior man… they went like 2 years before having no one drafted. Roman Harper is the only player of quality I can think of during the Shula period. 

DeBoer is getting one of the most talented rosters in football. 

He should be doing better.