2024 college football season

Watching Vandy operate on offense, and then watching the Bills the next day was staggering.  The play designs, QB play, and catch ability of the targets was far superior in Vandy than the Bills.  That last Vandy TD play was perfection.  Everything about it.

On 10/5/2024 at 9:41 PM, SirAndrew said:

It will be interesting to see how Kalen DeBoer responds to this Bama loss. I’ve never been sold on him being a smart coach. Dude almost gave away a Washington win in the playoffs by not knowing to take a knee. Those type of things matter at Bama. The SEC has a thin margin of error. 

Agreed. There seems to be a lot to like about his offense but he seems like a very casual coach as compared to Saban. The players obviously are not accustomed to this and it showed on Saturday. 

There is NO freaking possibility that Saban loses this game. Absolutely none. The game however did reinforce the fact to me that things without Saban will never be the same. 

• Agree 2

Lincoln Riley’s clock management against Penn State was something else. The average college football coach knows a lot more about football than I, but why do so few of these guys have any concept of the clock? It’s maddening to watch. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I'll take Evan Stewart right now... Can we get him from Oregon at the deadline?  B-)

Could you imagine if that was an inclusion in the portal? 

Maybe something can be added where it’s something in or equivalent of the supplemental draft???

🤔

• Like (+1) 1

Okay Texas might be a machine but overall I am really enjoying this college football season. It feels, to me at least, like fewer huge blow out wins by the top 3 or 4 ranked teams. I have been saying for years that is what was needed. You can fiddle with playoff formats all you like what you need is competitive games. I'm not sure if this is by design or just an anomoly but most of the games I have watched this year have been competitive.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

I've never seen Bama so happy to beat a 3-2 SC team by 2 points.

Jesus, Bama is a mess and how they remain in the top 10 is beyond me.

DeBoer might not last at that program to be honest. He has to follow one of, if not the, greatest college coaches of all time. That’s a monumental task in itself, especially when you double down on the expectations that program has/have had. 

He has to beat Tennessee this week. No if’s and’s or but’s. The rest of the schedule, as it stands, are unranked teams. A loss to any of them and he’s definitively out the door in the near future. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Sojourner said:

DeBoer might not last at that program to be honest. He has to follow one of, if not the, greatest college coaches of all time. That’s a monumental task in itself, especially when you double down on the expectations that program has/have had. 

He has to beat Tennessee this week. No if’s and’s or but’s. The rest of the schedule, as it stands, are unranked teams. A loss to any of them and he’s definitively out the door in the near future. 

The thing is, these coaches have guaranteed contracts. I hope that they don't wind up in a Texas A&M/Jimbo Fisher situation. I really don't think they have that kind of money.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/7/2024 at 7:54 AM, Bill from NYC said:

This was out of character behavior for Malachi Moore. I have never seen him act out like this. He is a player I would love to see on the Bills.

This would never, EVER have taken place if Nick Saban was his coach. :( 

I love Saban on college gameday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

What do we think about Texas Georgia? Georgia has struggled more than a couple times this year and Texas hasn’t seen a challenge. 

This might sound weird but I think of Manning plays Texas win due to the mobility he brings. Ewers is not a runner at all. 

Georgia win for the exact reason you said, Texas haven’t seen a challenge. Michigan aren’t what they were the last few years and Oklahoma are a fringe ranking team at best right now.  Bulldogs blew the brakes off Clemson, played a decent Kentucky team that caused both them and Ole Miss problems and then obviously lost narrowly to Bama. 

Tough loss for Bama today and at the moment they’re probably outside the playoff looking in.  But…..with their brutal schedule coming up the silver lining is a good opportunity to climb.  For example, a home win over Mercer would be huge.  I’d think the committee would also take into account that they almost beat Vandy and denied South Carolina when it mattered.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Tough loss for Bama today and at the moment they’re probably outside the playoff looking in.  But…..with their brutal schedule coming up the silver lining is a good opportunity to climb.  For example, a home win over Mercer would be huge.  I’d think the committee would also take into account that they almost beat Vandy and denied South Carolina when it mattered.  

Mizzou and LSU is tough. Mercer as the third game in a row might be tough if they go on a roll their next 3 games coming into Bama. They’d be 9-1. 

You think the committee give them an essential pass for dropping the Vanderbilt game? I didn’t think they would until they beat Kentucky last week. If they put up a fight against Texas when that game rolls around, maybe. They shouldn’t though. Not when they’ve held losses against teams who dropped to vastly better teams in the history of poll ranking. 

Said in another post, DeBoer is done there unless he goes 5-0 to end the season. 

Jalen Mil…Noooo!