2024 college football season

Not a very strong slate of games today.  Miami/Cal might have seemed more exciting if Cal hadn't lost to a terrible FSU team (not sure if the cross-country trip impacted them).  And I'll probably be asleep for most of that game.  Georgia is going to come out mad after last week's game and they will probably obliterate Auburn.  Missouri/Texas A&M might be the most intriguing game of the day.

7 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Not a very strong slate of games today.  Miami/Cal might have seemed more exciting if Cal hadn't lost to a terrible FSU team (not sure if the cross-country trip impacted them).  And I'll probably be asleep for most of that game.  Georgia is going to come out mad after last week's game and they will probably obliterate Auburn.  Missouri/Texas A&M might be the most intriguing game of the day.

Well, there may not have been big match-ups on paper but Vanderbilt gave us something special to watch in upsetting Bama.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I agree, but I could see Miami/Cal being a decent game. It wouldn’t shock me to see Miami lose, or win by a thin margin. I think Miami is overrated as usual. Cam Ward has been great, and he’s the main reason Miami is improved, but I don’t trust Miami to win when the QB has a week where he isn’t spectacular. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see how Kalen DeBoer responds to this Bama loss. I’ve never been sold on him being a smart coach. Dude almost gave away a Washington win in the playoffs by not knowing to take a knee. Those type of things matter at Bama. The SEC has a thin margin of error. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Talley56 said:

This aged well.  In some ways, it was the best week of college football in years.  Vandy over Bama.  First win by Vandy over a top 5 team ever. Now 1-60.  

Top 11 teams Tenn, Mich, USC also lost to unranked teams.  No. 9 Mizz got pounded by 25 TexA&M and ranked Louisville and UNLV also lost.   

Somehow Miami won very late when trailing by 10 with 2 minutes left.  

Also my Hoosiers are the first bowl eligible team in FBS going to 6-0 for the first time since 1967. 

The Dawgs have now pounded Auburn for 8th straight time.  :) 

Turned out to be an amazing college football weekend.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Agree 1

One thing about the transfer portal it is creating opportunity for new schools to make a dent in college football.  TCU used the portal to build a team that got to the CFP final.  The portal has (& good coaches) have turned around teams like GA Tech, Indiana and even Vandy.  

It has hurt the depth of the monster teams like GA, Bama and Clemson (who for reasons unknown does bring kids in from the portal).  

More parity in the Power 5?  

I’m also not sure what it’s doing to FCS schools.  Their stars are moving up, but Power 5 kids searching for PT are moving down. 

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Who is #13 on defense for Bama?  Throwing a temper tantrum during the kneel downs, including kicking the ball after the officials spotted it. 

👎🏻

Found the culprit…

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/article/fuming-alabama-captain-was-penalized-for-kicking-ball-in-final-moments-of-loss-at-vanderbilt-237500519/

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

This aged well.  In some ways, it was the best week of college football in years.  Vandy over Bama.  First win by Vandy over a top 5 team ever. Now 1-60.  

Top 11 teams Tenn, Mich, USC also lost to unranked teams.  No. 9 Mizz got pounded by 25 TexA&M and ranked Louisville and UNLV also lost.   

Somehow Miami won very late when trailing by 10 with 2 minutes left.  

Also my Hoosiers are the first bowl eligible team in FBS going to 6-0 for the first time since 1967. 

The Dawgs have now pounded Auburn for 8th straight time.  :) 

Turned out to be an amazing college football weekend.  

Yeap, admittedly, I did not see all of this coming particularly Vanderbilt over Bama.  If nothing else, I'm certainly happy to be wrong about that.

36 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Yeap, admittedly, I did not see all of this coming particularly Vanderbilt over Bama.  If nothing else, I'm certainly happy to be wrong about that.

I learned a long time ago that college football tends to chaos except the top few teams and sometimes even them.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

19 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

This was out of character behavior for Malachi Moore. I have never seen him act out like this. He is a player I would love to see on the Bills.

This would never, EVER have taken place if Nick Saban was his coach. :(